||Programmer Analyst – Managed Care
Affinity Health Plan, an independent, growing, not-for-profit managed care company designed specifically to serve the needs of low-income New Yorkers, needs an expert level Programmer Analyst who specializes in membership support activities in a managed care environment. In this position, you will work on projects related to enhancing the functionality of our existing applications or creating new applications used to support membership enrollment and eligibility maintenance as well as customer service, member recertification, Medicaid billing, and compliance. To be successful in this position, you will need prior programming experience designing, developing, and supporting leading edge technology used to help marketing/sales staff increase membership and operational staff maintain membership data. The ideal candidate will also have Trizetto Facets experience, along with the ability to document project work for reference and future augmentation.
Requirements/Accountabilities for this position include:
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Specializes in one or more phases of applications programming applying mastery of existing and emerging technologies and practices.
- Independently modifies complex application programs from supplied or self-generated specifications. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Uses extensive knowledge to independently code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
- Creates a highly complex design document through the assessment of requirements. Assesses alternatives to different designs and selects best solution to fit business needs.
- Reads, interprets, creates and maintains complex conceptual, logical and physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented. Resolves highly complex design issues utilizing software development lifecycle and development methods.
- Serves as a contributor in development of IT architecture strategies for small to medium sized application infrastructures. For small to medium sized applications, evaluates recommends and exploits evolving technologies in the design and implementation of application infrastructure for scalability reliability availability and serviceability and identify the tradeoffs and risks associated with each.
- Develops multiple, modular objects and the messaging interface between objects to create a highly complex software package. Reuses objects and creates object inventories.
- Creates and guides definition of good database design practices. Designs highly complex data models and databases with minimal assistance.
- Provides support of homegrown and off the shelf systems. Will be required to learn and understand, in detail, each component involved in Affinity's technical processes as they pertain to the business processes supported.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on projects and production support.
- Ability to manage projects, gathering requirements from various departments, and ensuring projects are completed and implemented accurately, on time, and within budget.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field or commensurate experience
- Five (5) plus years of experience in the design and creation of documentation to support business requirements, required
- Three (3) plus years of designing, creating and implementing software solutions, required
- Extremely high level of understanding of all data modeling concepts and practices, database design, database performance and optimization. Extremely competent in handling software development issues related to databases for relational, object-oriented, and other database and software technologies.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling concepts and their application including entities, tables, relations, constraints, attribute data types and column data types. Understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decision on system performance and resource usage. Knowledge of current and evolving application architecture trends to include infrastructure, software, database, networks and their interdependencies.
- Understands the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives. Able to design and implement coding standards and best practices for a client server development language.
- Expert level skills in PL/SQL programming in an MS SQL Server 2003 and higher environment in regards to stored procedure programming, SSIS package development, database analysis and optimization
- Expert level skills in application development in a .NET 3.6 and higher environment
- Crystal Report development experience in version X and higher a plus