If taking care of human resources is our business,
imagine what we offer our own people.
At Insperity we help businesses provide the best possible benefits and advantages to their employees. Needless to say, we understand that doing more for people is the best way to do things. Look at our benefits package, our work environment and our commitment to your personal and professional success…let’s just say we lead by example. Take a closer look. Then take your place with the company that understands you have a life as well as a career.
EEO Compliance Specialist
With minimal supervision, monitors and ensures client company equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with local, state and federal laws; handles internal worksite employee EEO complaints and determines the processes and procedures for resolution of same. Minimizes potential liability to Insperity and clients by overseeing the processing of client EEO charges; interacts and develops relationships with government agency officials at state and federal levels to represent client companies effectively. Investigates, fact finds and prepares charge responses; handle charges from initial service through final resolution, including negotiation and settlement. Handles EEO threatened litigation/demand letters in conjunction with corporate and/or outside legal counsel including conducting investigations and providing defense strategy. Participates and appears at both government agency and private mediations. Researches and reviews federal and state laws, regulations and precedent cases to defend clients against claims/charges and to provide best practice HR direction to clients. Much decision-making is attached to this position and is governed by procedures and guidelines with Company-wide impact.
Under supervision and decision-making:
- Investigate, fact find, and recommend solutions to internal and external worksite employee EEO complaints. Monitors and ensures client company compliance with state and federal laws by assisting clients in resolving complex and challenging EEO matters.
- Oversees processing of state and federal EEO charges by worksite employees from initial service through final resolution including negotiation and settlement. Prepares EEO charge responses, gathers information, responds to investigator calls, and serves as primary contact for Insperity and client companies throughout the investigation and during telephone and on-site investigations.
- Handles EEO threatened litigation matters in conjunction with legal counsel including conducting investigations, providing defense strategy and negotiations.
- Prepares for and attends both government agency and private mediations in resolution of regulatory charges and threatened litigation. Case preparation for mediation involves interviewing relevant parties, document gathering and organization, defense strategies and witness appearances.
- Researches, develops and implements training programs for internal service providers, worksite employees, managers and supervisors.
- Confers with Insperity legal counsel to help protect the liability of Insperity and the client.
- Collaborates with internal service providers in resolution of EEO matters and serves as primary contact for clients, employees and state agencies regarding EEO questions or problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree, and preferably a Masters degree, in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field and 7-10 years EEO experience, with heavy emphasis on investigation and resolution of complaints and charges.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates clearly and concisely and maintains effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of employment. Prepares clear, concise, thorough, and grammatically correct written reports, position statements, letter, memoranda, and other written documents.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and EEO laws and regulations preferred.
- Ability to be flexible in handling multiple assignments in a fast paced environment and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface and influence management at all levels to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work independently, and be a strong team player.
- Adheres to principals, practices and procedures of personnel administration and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices; applies federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and policies.
Travel up to 50% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!