Career Evolution is looking for an experienced VP of Manufacturing. This role will be based on either Southern China (preferred) or Arizona (MUST be willing to travel to China extensively) with salary up to $155,000 DOE plus bonus. This role will report to the Sr. VP of Operations, and will be responsible for the overall directing, planning, implementation and management of all manufacturing methods, processes and operations for all products.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
· Define and execute the factory strategy, both domestic and offshore, to ensure growth and long-term competitiveness.
· Work closely with other members of the senior staff to align manufacturing development with technology and business opportunities.
· Broadly contribute to the overall management and growth of the company.
· Responsible for all manufacturing requirement planning and execution, including but not limited to; organization development, product sustaining engineering including factory throughput, yield, quality improvement efforts, and product change management.
· Build and manage a largely outsourced team of business and technical professionals, responsible for an end-to-end supply chain for the entire product portfolio.
· Own strategic components of the supply chain selection and management for product portfolio.
· Develop business processes for roadmap reviews, supplier selection, supplier reuse, risk assessment and management, price and contract negotiations.
· You will individually manage strategic vendors worldwide (primarily in China), with ability to manage these suppliers through variability typical of an early stage initiative
· Development of “should cost” models based on benchmarking, competitor intelligence and RFQs for driving negotiation positions.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
The ideal candidate should be more a strategic executer than a thinker. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
· A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible job-related experience including a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management capacity is required.
· A BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Operations, or Mechanical Engineering (or similar) or related area is required.
· Masters or PhD degree is preferred.
· Degree must be from an accredited college/university. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S equivalency.
· Manufacturing or engineering experience in toy industry or consumer electronics products is a big plus.
· Experience in producing products and quality control in China in an early stage business environment is required.
· A solid understanding of operations and a range of existing executive-level relationships with relevant partners is desired.
· Hands-on manufacturing experience in China is required. Solid experience in local suppliers/manufacturers developed from ground zero would be a huge benefit.
· Excellent communications skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese, as well as strong technical leadership skills are required.
· Ability to recognize, respect and adapt to cultural difference is required.
· Ability to work well in a team environment across functional and organizational boundaries is required.
· Familiarity with areas of manufacturing engineering, test engineering, contract manufacturer interface, stakeholder management, scope management, communication management and risk management is required.
· Very open-minded, innovative, and extremely detail-oriented.
· Willing to travel between the United States and Asia.