|Job Title||Web Developer - Apps Mall - Senior Systems Engineer III 1200L6J|
|Location||Annapolis Junction, MD|
|Description||Web Developer – Apps Mall – Senior Systems Engineer III
Mid-level Web Developer to support coding and implementation of various information technology solutions particularly solutions in an Applications Mall. This is an exciting, highly visible program staffed by a professional team working in a conveniently located, modern facility with ample, adjacent parking. Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.
The mission of this key program is to provide net-centric information sharing and collaboration capabilities that enable the extended national intelligence enterprise to collaborate in a common shared space. This position entails serving as a Web Developer delivering an Applications Mall as a service on Intelink .
Essential Job Functions
- Works in conjunction with the business development staff; creates new business by identifying customer purchasing requirements and technical specifications.
- Assists in defining and creating demonstration software and systems to showcase products and systems.
- Provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, pre-sale and post-sale. Refers inquiries as necessary to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in testing user configurations for system compatibility. Documents and provides support; resolves issues to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment. Assists in tracking the progress of the projects with accountability to the customer, project manager and management to ensure an on-time and smooth product launch for the customer.
- Assists in the training of customers on systems applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
- Potential candidates must have three years of demonstrated experience designing and developing web applications using Java (servlets/JSP)
- Desired skills include Ozone Widget development, Ext JS, Linux, Tomcat, Atom, PKI/SSL, and REST web services.
- Experience working with software design principles
- Three or more years of applications engineering, field support or technical sales experience
- Experience working with department/account overall business objectives and goals
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with software tools including compilers, assemblers, debuggers and simulators
- Experience working with assembly languages such as HTML programming, MySQL, C, C++, etc
- Experience working with business areas such as Sales/Marketing, Business/Financial Analysis, Project Management
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems either on-site or remotely
- Ability to comprehend and filter information in design/sale/support of products and systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for one or more products
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management, and team members.
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel.
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team