There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
Directly accountable to business units for execution and delivery of assigned projects. Maintains overall project plan for assigned projects utilizing project-tracking tool. Works within Enterprise & Technology Solutions (E&TS) to define and acquire resources for project execution and coordinates efforts of all resources involved in project with objective of facilitating and ensuring project plans are completed on time, on budget and within specifications.
Under minimal supervision and much decision-making:
- Assists business units with development of project charter including vision, business drivers, project cost and feasibility, and project scope. Utilizes PMO framework for formally adopting projects meeting defined characteristics. Assists in documentation of this information. Assists business owners in identifying areas for process improvement.
- Upon formal adoption of a project, works with business units, Business Applications and other departments to coordinate the development of detailed project requirements. Coordinates cross-departmental communication required in developing requirements. Coordinates tool selection process as needed.
- Maintains overall project plan for assigned projects utilizing project-tracking tool. Includes detailing tasks and assignments required to complete project, resources required to complete project and budget resulting from project plan. Reports periodically on project status. Alerts various constituencies as to schedule constraints, resource issues, project risks and scope changes.
- Works within E&TS to define and acquire resources for project execution and coordinates efforts of all resources involved in project with objective of facilitating and ensuring project plans are completed on time, on budget and within specifications. Leads and directs the designated project team and is accountable to the business owner for timely and efficient project delivery. Alerts management to issues preventing completion of projects on time, on budget and within specifications.
- Adheres to project management practices defined by the PMO.
- Maintains all documentation related to assigned projects ensuring that it is complete and current.
- Coordinates appropriate team development activities necessary to complete the project such as training and meeting facilitation.
- Coordinates the solicitation and procurement of appropriate outside resources and/or equipment/software. Coordinates the administration of contracts with third parties as necessary.
- Communicates with PMO management and staff regarding project progress and resource use and needs.
- Maintains accountability to business units for execution and delivery of assigned projects.
- Enforces defined project management standards among project team members.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing activities to ensure the result of the project adheres to the requirements. Provides testing feedback to the development team for issue resolution.
- Performs appropriate project closeout procedures including scope verification and lessons learned.
- Assists in defining direction and framework for department.
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Five to seven years of experience in management of corporate wide projects is required.
- PMP certification a plus but not required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Possesses core project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple or large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience working in a SCRUM or AGILE environment is preferred.
- Possesses broad working knowledge of technology applications and their impact on the business.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, has a proven track record of customer service attitude, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing.
- Competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as the ability to present and explain information, both business and technical, in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and motivate a staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
- Demonstrates competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
Travel up to 5% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!