There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
Receives payroll information from assigned clients and inputs new hire, edits, and termination information. Processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. Verifies receipt of funding for all payroll invoices. Packages payroll checks and reports for each assigned client and ensures their delivery. Continually trains with team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skill levels and consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees. Moderate decision making is attached to this position, guided by policy, procedure and objective while focused on daily operations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for the service of a specified number of clients by receipt of employee paperwork, which will include new hires, edits and terminations. Maintains constant communication with clients to ensure appropriate paperwork is provided and ensures accuracy of paperwork completed. Sends appropriate paperwork, according to state requirements, to clients for each new hire. Upholds the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures that all compliances are met.
- Receives payroll information by phone or fax, and in some instances by remote entry from client. Processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. Ensures accuracy of payroll input, balancing input to payroll worksheet. Ensures accuracy of payroll reports to client.
- Responsible for verifying receipt of funding for all payroll invoices. Coordinates extensions of credit with the Finance Department when necessary and follows through with client to ensure funds are received. Processes charges and credits for clients, providing backup documentation to Finance Department.
- Packages payroll checks and reports for each assigned client and ensures their delivery. Maintains accurate delivery instructions for each payroll in the system.
- Continually trains with team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skills over time. Builds and maintains client load to that of a Payroll Specialist over the course of a year in order to gain payroll experience and knowledge of accepted payroll practices. Attends weekly department training meetings and reviews procedure manual on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes clear communications with client, employees and team members in order to better serve the client. Consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Degree in related field is preferred.
- 1+ years related work experience is required.
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Position requires a basic understanding and entry level payroll knowledge and must have completed Paytrain.
- Assists in operating data entry equipment; maintaining and monitoring employee records with accuracy and detail with narrow time limitations; maintaining records, posting data and making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; clerical methods and techniques relating to maintaining large filing systems accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, following established company policy guidelines; methods and techniques relating to establishing and maintaining customer service; communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; working independently from general instructions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!