This position is responsible for software quality assurance efforts to plan, schedule, and test web and desktop based applications in a dynamic and Agile Development lifecycle environment for SaaS and desktop retail products. Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) test plans and test cases, tools, and infrastructure for all application platforms, and ensures that the developed software functionality meets the requirements.
Under general supervision and much decision-making:
- Supports technical innovation in SaaS and desktop product development and delivery. Contributes to collaborative problem solving efforts, and offers solutions on strategy and technology.
- Develops clear and concise testing strategies with robust and comprehensive test plans to verify product functionality, writes automated tests, works on multiple and complex technical projects simultaneously, and works with management on software quality issues effecting product development and launch.
- Contributes to all quality assurance projects while providing guidance to team members, vendors and support staff.
- Provides direction and mentoring to engineers, analysts, product management and business leaders as it relates to the quality of software delivery.
- Assists in scope definition and develops accurate level-of-effort estimates for new, remediation, and refactoring work.
- Prepares life-cycle documents on projects including test analysis, design specifications and technical input to functional specifications.
- Supports change control and ensures all processes are compliant.
- Provides input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the final product.
- Documents accurately and clearly all actual results compared to expected results.
- Works with the customer support group to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment.
- Develops and documents application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Writes manual and automated test scripts and test cases to meet assigned requirements and business scenarios.
- Configures test environments.
- Performs weekly and on-demand software testing cycles during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments and communicates results to management and project stakeholders.
Supervises others: No
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Three years software testing experience is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
No licenses or certifications are required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Comfortable in an Agile Development environment that requires the ability to adapt to change and motivate others to achieve excellence in a dynamic environment and will bring exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated experience in object oriented design.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems, and generate effective solutions.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
Performs light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
If yes, up to 5% of time