There’s a reason Insperity ranks No. 1 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
Sr. Software Quality Assurance QA Analyst
This position is responsible for software quality assurance efforts to plan, schedule, and test web and desktop based applications in a dynamic and Software Development lifecycle environment for SaaS and desktop retail products. Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) test plans and test cases, tools, and infrastructure for all application platforms. Serves as a leader in the group by leading efforts in testing, problem solving andoffering solutions. As required the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will also work on special projects and deliverables.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Actively participates as a core member of the Scrum team to ensure quality is built in to products and services.
- Participates in sprint planning and colloborates with Product Management team to identify requirements.
- Provides input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the final product.
- Assists in scope definition and develops accurate level-of-effort estimates for new, remediation, and refactoring work.
- Develops clear and concise testing strategies with robust and comprehensive test plans to verify product functionality, works on multiple and complex technical projects simultaneously, and works with management on software quality issues effecting product development and launch.
- Provides direction and mentoring to engineers, analysts, product management and business leaders as it relates to the quality of software delivery.
- Develops and documents test plans and cases based on software requirements and technical specifications and appropriately prioritizes testing tasks and test cases.
- Performs black box testing against multiple browsers and platforms including mobile applications.
- Performs white box testing as needed including testing of web services and data paths.
- Perform integration testing to ensure end-to-end scenarios meet overall business requirements.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to execute exploratory testing.
- Proactively identifies and communicates risks.
- Supports change control and ensures all processes are compliant.
- Documents accurately and clearly all actual results compared to expected results.
- Identify, document, and retest defects.
- Provide metrics and status reporting as necessary.
- When required, works with the customer support group to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment.
- Configures test environments to ensure broad testing coverage.
- Performs weekly and on-demand software testing cycles during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments and communicates results to management and project stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Participates in automation, load and performance testing projects.
- Provide input to continual improvement and team building.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced quality assurance analysts.
- Perform peer-review of test cases of other team members.
- Represents QA team at status and technical meetings.
- Participates in Scrum of Scrum meetings and other cross-departmental meetings and standards groups.
- Manages multiple projects/priorities that require specific expertise or domain knowledge with limited supervision
Supervises others: No
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years software testing experience is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
No licenses or certifications are required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Exceptionally experienced in various Software Development lifecycle environments, specifically Agile, that require the ability to adapt to change and motivate others to achieve excellence in a dynamic environment and will bring exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in a variety of testing types including system and integration, usability, boundary, security, data validation and regression.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Test Manager.