|Job Title||Sr. Software Engineer|
|Location||Lyndhurst, NJ 07071|
|Description||Overview of Job Function:
Contributes to the design, development, and the implementation of a server-side software system that interfaces with Telephony equipment. Works with members of the research and development organization and is responsible for leading specific aspects and activities of software development for the Verint System software suite. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within software development and can provide subject matter expertise and guidance to team members. Typically reports to a manager or senior manager.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
· Responsible for various design and development efforts within assigned projects
· Contribute to or lead Design Reviews for their specific project
· Contribute to System Test Case Review
· Contribute to Unit or Functional Testing
· Produce and use metrics to continuously improve the process of building software and the associated artifacts.
· Responsible for High-Level Designs and Technical Requirement definitions
· Engages in limited research activities through the investigation new technologies to improve the product line
· Help ensure the quality and completeness of team deliverables
· Focus on effective communication with geographically distributed team members
· Operates under minimal supervision and is capable of independent action
· Serve as subject matter expert in specialized areas of technology and product functions
· BS/BA in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of experience in the area of software development.
· Strong organizational, time management and project leadership skills
· Possesses good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize personal tasks and communicate tasks across team boundaries and/or geographically dispersed teams
· Ability to perform root cause analysis on trouble areas
· Solid understanding with Agile and/or other software development methodologies, along with demonstrated experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
· Experience in fault-tolerant, or highly-available, distributed systems
· Experience in real-time programming (primarily on Windows 2000/2003 platform)
· Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design
· General understanding and proven real-world design experience with operating system fundamentals (multi-processing, multi-threading, inter-process communication, disk I/O, network I/O, memory allocation, etc.)
· Demonstrate solid programming skills in C++ with strong knowledge of common design patterns
· Proven ability to develop multithreaded server side code
· Ability to plan and control own work, this will include adhering to strict delivery schedules and multi-tasking.
· Successful completion of Verint background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification;
· Experience with larger-scale software development projects is a plus
· Domain expertise in Telephony/CTI (Computer Telephony Integrations) is a plus
· Experience with Java is a plus
· Experience with VB6 is a plus
· Experience in the Microsoft SQL Database is a plus
|Required Skills||See requirement|
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply