||Asgaard Capital is a boutique, middle-market merchant investment bank led by experts with diverse backgrounds and highly developed corporate advisory, operational and principal investing skill sets. We combine a long history of owning or operating companies in diverse industries, with decades of experience executing complex transactions on behalf of our clients, frequently in challenging micro and macroeconomic environments. Asgaard’s tailored solutions are not simply transaction driven; rather we focus on building long-term client relationships whereby we take a partnership approach with management teams to deliver results that maximize the value of the enterprise.
3rd Year Analyst
We are seeking an experienced 3rd Year Analyst or Junior Associate (pre-MBA) to work on current and prospective investment banking and related engagements involving financial restructuring, strategic advice, capital raising and mergers and acquisitions. The successful candidate will interact regularly with senior management, clients and financial sponsors. The responsibilities of the position will increase commensurate with your demonstrated abilities. Duties will include:
- Perform valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Assist in developing and producing client presentations
- Conduct in-depth financial and business diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position)
- Maintain M&A precedent transaction database
- Execute tasks involved with M&A and private placement engagements
- Bachelor's degree (3.5+ GPA) and coursework in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 2+ years of work experience in an investment bank or private equity firm
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Extensive experience with reading, interpreting and analyzing financial statements
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and proven research techniques
- High proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint advanced functions
- Strong organizational and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- A keen entrepreneurial drive
- In addition to transactional experience, a sound grasp of business operations is also desired. The successful candidate will interact regularly with senior management, clients and financial sponsors. The responsibilities of the position will increase commensurate with the demonstrated abilities of the candidate.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.