med fusion, located in the DFW Metroplex, is seeking individuals to join our mission of creating a patient-centered approach to deliver integrated, advanced laboratory services and clinical trials that support healthcare providers, biotech and pharmaceutical companies. This holistic direction facilitates more effective and efficient patient care, greater access to integrated information and technology; and increases collaboration for clinicians. In short, med fusion focuses on optimizing resources, at every step, to better serve healthcare institutions.
Headquartered in Lewisville, Texas, med fusion’s dedicated team operates within a state-of-the-art 130,000-square-foot clinical laboratory (projected to expand to 500,000 square feet) to quickly meet the needs of our clients. With over 400 employees, we are growing rapidly!
For more information about med fusion, please visit http://www.medfusionservices.com.
We are currently seeking Couriers to join our growing team. This courier will be responsible for picking up medical specimens from health care facilities in and around the Dallas Metroplex.
- Drive to various locations (doctor offices, hospitals, labs) following specified route as determined by Dispatch office to pick-up medical specimens; drop off medical supplies.
- Retrieve medical specimens from specimen boxes and/or health care offices / facilities;
- Answer incoming telephone calls from Dispatch office advising of changes to route;
- Communicate problems / concerns to Dispatch office as they occur;
- Must maintain a professional appearance;
- Properly scan and package specimens for delivery to designated laboratories in Lewisville, TX;
- Properly pick and pack medical supplies for delivery to various locations.
- Pick up and drop off mail at USPO and Overnight Delivery hubs.
- Delivery of specimens to Lewisville, TX on a daily basis;
- Make additional specimen retrievals outside of the normal route when required by the Dispatch office;
- Must work both independently and as a team player;
- Must obey all motor vehicle laws.
- Safety check vehicle before and after daily routes or use.
- Valid Driver’s License & must have and maintain a clean driving record. This includes no moving violations or accidents within the last 3 years.
- Must pass DOT physical; with at least one year expiration.
- Must possess superior customer service skills
- Must be computer literate and able to operate scanning devices, etc.
- Must possess a professional and friendly demeanor
- Must have strong skills in multi-tasking
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have knowledge of the Dallas Metroplex and the surrounding areas.
- Ability to read maps, use GPS, and specimen scanning system, and follow directions is mandatory.
- The ability to drive long distances
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!