FMC Technologies, Inc.
As the demand for energy rises, the world’s leading oil and gas operators are turning to us now more than ever for solutions to maximize energy production. And that means incredible opportunity for our company and our people.
We want the best and brightest talent to join our amazing teams around the world. If you want to be part of something big, part of a company that delivers industry-leading technological solutions to our customers, then now is the time to start your career at FMC Technologies.
BECAUSE IT’S ALL HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 14,900 employees and operates 27 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Purpose of the Role:
Applies expert product knowledge and seasoned experience to broader scope and more complex problems and projects. Works independently to establish design requirements, conceptualize, plan and execute designs. Regularly takes a lead role in assigned projects.
- Leads one or more professionals and/or technicians on a project basis.
- Ensures that project members understand business goals and creates energy and action toward those goals.
- Creates, reviews and approves designs, drawings, DBI’s (database information), specifications, etc. of existing or new technology or applications. Ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Uses the CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to make layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs.
- Prepares documentation, information and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Develops unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include the design of new systems or the development of solutions having few or no precedents.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs and questions. Anticipates potential problems and proactively solves complex problems through creative thinking, using internal and external resources.
- Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications. Makes field trips with sales and service personnel with new products and technical applications.
- Assists and checks the work of drafters, designers and less experienced engineers. Assists with the development of new professionals.
- Participates in setting objectives for projects.
- Defines project schedule.
- Accepts ownership of conceptual designs and regularly sponsors projects to higher management.
- Leads product standardization projects.
- Writes and delivers technical papers for publication.
- Attends appropriate industry related professional society meetings and functions in order to stay informed of and make good use of new technology, products and personal development opportunities.
- BS Degree in Engineering. Six to eight years relevant experience or MS degree plus four to six years experience. PhD with two to five years.
- Specialist knowledge of at least one FMC or related product line or significant knowledge of multiple technologies, products and applications.
- Knowledge of systems.
- Working knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced laws, principles, theorems and mathematics or industry knowledge in the improvement and development of technologies.
- Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Solid understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assignment areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills. Consistently demonstrates leadership ability.
- Demonstrates proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively and project planning.
- Demonstrated effective customer presentation skills.
What FMC Technologies Offers:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k): FMC offers a competitive 401(k) plan with generous matching contributions for non-union full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week. If you choose to participate in the 401(k), FMC will match your contributions dollar for dollar, up to the first 5% of your eligible pay (up to IRS limits). For those eligible non-union employees hired or rehired on or after January 2, 2010, FMC also provides a company contribution of 4% of eligible pay-whether you participate in the plan or not.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): You earn PTO based on your years of service with FMC. These days can be used for any reason-vacation, personal time, family illness, occasional sick days, etc.
- Extras: The FMC EXTRAS Program is a voluntary benefits and discount program. This includes home and auto insurance, pet insurance, home electronics, personal computers, wireless phones, mortgage programs, automotive discounts, deals on travel and entertainment, and much more.
- Facility: Clean environment with high safety standards. Free parking with secured access. On-site cafeteria, dining facility, and Starbucks located at the main facility.
Why FMC Technologies?
Energy demand is rising—and the world’s leading oil and gas operators are turning to FMC Technologies for the comprehensive, technologically complex solutions needed to maximize recovery of this finite resource.
That means big opportunities for FMC Technologies—and for our people. Right now, we’re looking for talented additions to our team to help accommodate these growing demands. With nearly 100 locations around the world, the opportunities here are truly as vast as our operations.
It’s a great time to become a part of the FMC Technologies team. If the opportunity to work with amazing people on impactful projects within a market leading organization appeals to you, consider us.
In addition to our leading-edge solutions, FMC Technologies also empowers employees to advance their knowledge and explore their own career paths. Whether you’re a fabrication engineer, procurement analyst or project manager, you’ll find FMC Technologies offers a supportive environment that helps you be your best.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE ON THE FOREFRONT OF SOMETHING BIG.