||Please review the minimum qualifications and ensure you meet them before completing the application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted and considered. Thank you!
Quality Assurance Manager
Work Hours: Full time/40+ hour week
Title of Direct Supervisor: Plant Manager
Classification: salaried, exempt
Summary of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide principle leadership and support for company growth and improvements, with the primary responsibility for quality and food safety programs for the plant. This position will support employees to ensure GMP’s/SQF and quality programs. The Quality Assurance Manager is charged with developing and maintaining a Plant Quality Program to assure that all products manufactured by the plant meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Responsibilities include supervision of the plant laboratory and lab personnel. Maintain, develop, evaluate, recommend and implement HACCP, SQF, and GMP quality assurance, along with quality control, tests and guidelines. The additional responsibilities include managing a work environment that is a 24/7 operation with numerous product changes, high quality standards along with advanced ice cream technology. Excellent technical knowledge of dairy manufacturing is essential along with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to support a 24-hour operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the regulatory compliance of all Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Security, Pest Control and Weights and Measures.
- Responsible for maintaining a Certified State Lab for Producer Testing.
- Responsible for maintaining the Plant Lab including staffing, scheduling, testing, supplies, equipment and facilities.
- Provide adequate training for the NYS certification of Lab personnel.
- Responsible for interpreting and implementing the Code of Federal Regulations for Food Security and implementing and overseeing a program that reflects these regulations and guidelines.
- Take a lead role in the testing of new product development within the Plant
- To provide employee training to promote and ensure the hygienic handling of product and other sanitary requirements include HACCP, SQF, and GMP.
- Responsible for interpreting and implementing the Code of Federal Regulations for Pest Control and coordinating with the Pest Control Company for pest control service.
- Lead all plant personnel through Third Party Audits to achieve a Superior Rating.
- Lead person for all unannounced FDA audits.
- Oversee all production paperwork it complies with regulatory requests, standards and responses.
- Lead Plant on monthly self-audits.
- Provide necessary plant wide chemical usage information to facilitate EPA filing requirements.
- Provide Federal State and Local agencies with plant information.
- Provide sampling and hand washing classes for all production workers.
- Write QA SOPs and for the plant.
- Oversee the Master Sanitation program.
- Create and oversee Pre-op check lists for all production areas.
- Responsible for Kosher, Halal and other food product certification.
- Lead plant personnel through all other plant audits including SQF and all other 3rd part audits.
- Responsible for and develop department budget.
- Provide input and support to sanitation employees and activities.
- Oversee 3rd party audits and provide documented corrective action plans.
- Oversee and maintain a successful Certified State Lab for Producer Testing and Safety Quality Food Safety System.
- Keep accurate and complete programs according to State, Federal and Vendor standards.
- Provide annual training for all employees.
- Update Plant Recall manual annually.
- Accountable for Traceability: Maintain program throughout plant.
- Maintain weights within Weights and Measures requirements.
- Product Status Program: Manage and maintain hold, release, re-work and reject programs for plant.
- HACCP Food Safety System: Maintain programs according to IDFA, NCIMS and NACMCF.
- Keep all plant employees current on all QA requirements.
- Perform Plant Mock recalls to insure adequacy of Plant requirements.
- Weight Control: Provide Statistical Process Control training for personnel in the plant.
- Maintain a cost saving shrink percentage.
- Consumer Complaint Program: Identify quality issue and implement corrective action with timely communications.
- Supervises employees with in the Quality Assurance Department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this section.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent in a scientific field.
- Minimum five years in a supervisory position and five years experience in the food industry. A combination of training and experience will be accepted as an alternative to educational requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and subordinate instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to linger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Other Relevant Measures:
•Attention to detail
•Must have good Judgment
•Must have good Interpersonal skills
•Analytical and Deductive Reasoning
•Ability to interpret and implement regulatory documents.
•Maintain a New York DOH Grade C Water Treatment License.