Learning Tree International (NASDAQ: LTRE) is a leading provider of vendor-independent training to IT professionals and managers in business and government organizations. The company has differentiated itself through its independence from hardware and software vendors, the breadth, dept and high quality of its course curriculum, and its global reach for the last 36 years,
Turn your technical expertise, on-the-job experience and great communications skills into a rewarding part-time teaching opportunity. We're expanding our Instructor force to meet the growing demand for our training programs. Put your Cloud Computing experience to use and explore opportunities to author and teach courses that cover:
- Big Data
- Apache Hadoop
- Open Stack
Responsible for the classroom delivery of Learning Tree courses on a part-time basis (8 – 15+ weeks per year).
Provides technical and/or management consulting to Learning Tree clients for the development of their Information Systems and/or management training programs. Assists in the qualification of new instructor candidates. Provides authoring, periodic updating and customization of courses as requested.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruction of Learning Tree courses following the course outline.
- Assist, as requested, in the marketing of courses to prospective clients by providing technical information regarding course content and technical consulting in the area of client needs analysis.
- Communicate any resource/technical assistance requirements to the appropriate Learning Tree staff.
- Communicate, as required, with onsite client representatives prior to the class to identify any specific client needs, making suggestions for technical content modifications where required.
- Handle all attendee-related administrative matters satisfactorily, prior to, during, and immediately after course completion. Provide feedback to the proper department on any classroom events that may require immediate attention.
- Provide technical reviews of class events where content modification may be required prior to subsequent offerings.
- Conduct technical interviews to qualify new instructor candidates, and mentor new instructors during their candidacy process.
- Set up all required computer equipment for courses. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Excellent communication skills and hands-on technical experience and expertise
To be considered for this position, please submit your online profile below, along with your resume and salary history. Please note that Learning Tree International only considers applicants who have submitted their interest via our online profile application process. Cover letters can be address to:
- Professional familarity with both Java and C#, also Eclipse and Visual Studio
- Professional experience developing Web applications and Web Services
- Professional experience securing Web applications and services
- Experience working with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with virtualization technologies
- Experience working with a a major Cloud provider: Amazon, Google or MicroSoft Azure and a working knowledge of all three
- Knowledge and experience with either Eucalyptus, Apache Hadoop, Eucalyptus or Open Stack Cloud Computing products
- Must demonstrate thorough technical and subject matter knowledge and experience through subject matter interviews, course audits, co-teach events and ,classroom instructor training
- Must have prior teaching experience,
- Must be available and willing to travel.
| Learning Tree International |
| Attn: Karen Smith |
| (Please, no phone calls) |