Sr. Revenue Accountant (GAAP - preferably revenue recognition, SOX, and SEC reporting)
- Job Title
- Sr. Revenue Accountant (GAAP - preferably revenue recognition, SOX, and SEC reporting)
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Revenue Accountant (GAAP - preferably revenue recognition, SOX, and SEC reporting)
Terms: Permanent/Direct Hire
Salary Range: $70-$80K
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our team. The Revenue Accountant role is one that requires extensive professional experience with GAAP (preferably revenue recognition), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and SEC reporting. This position will use research, analytical and communication skills including the ability to analyze complex accounting based information and formulate decisions/recommendations as to correct accounting treatment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of working experience in a technical based accounting role that includes expertise experience working with GAAP (preferably revenue recognition), as well as Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), internal controls, and SEC reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas as well as data searching, and reporting using Access
- CPA or other equivalent certification preferred
- PeopleSoft or similar finance ERP software experience preferred
- Review and interpret contracts and assess revenue accounting implications in accordance with revenue recognition accounting standards, interpretations and regulations. Assist other departments in resolving revenue recognition accounting entries through research, determining the best approach to resolution, and communicating effectively with the relevant parties.
- As part of a team, assess impact of new revenue recognition accounting guidance, gather and analyze relevant data, and prepare reports, disclosures, analyses and other relevant documentation as required.
- Implement and perform routine checks and balances on revenue recognition, to ensure an efficient process for ensuring revenue is recognized in the correct general ledger accounts and periods. Communicate effectively with relevant parties to ensure accurate recording of transactions. Process detailed revenue based journal entries.
- As part of a team, assess various other areas of technical accounting, including SEC Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) tasks, and perform other special projects as assigned.
- Accurately perform various other monthly, quarterly, and annual contract reviews and financial analyses.
- Maintain supporting files and accounting documentation.
- Perform other routine daily and monthly responsibilities including reconciliations, forecasting, and other relevant projects.