Enterprise Software Developer (C#.Net 4.5, ASP.NET, SQL, HTTP, REST, JSON, JSON+API) - Contract
- Job Title
- Enterprise Software Developer (C#.Net 4.5, ASP.NET, SQL, HTTP, REST, JSON, JSON+API) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Enterprise Software Developer (C#.Net, ASP.NET, SQL, HTTP, REST, JSON, JSON+API)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Expert in developing efficient, service-oriented applications, with in-depth knowledge of HTTP, REST and JSON. Experience with JSON+API is a plus.
- Experience with ASP.NET Web API, Caste Windsor and NHibernate, or similar, a plus.
- Experience with event-driven/message-based, service-oriented development a plus.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Software development and testing experience using .NET, C# and SQL.
- Prior exposure to messaging platforms such as message brokers and service busses as well as protocols like AMQP and MQTT a plus.
- International software development experience (multi-lingual, multi-currency, geographic and locale awareness) a plus.
- 2+ years of experience developing using.NET technologies. Experience developing application with Java is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of such platforms as Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Proficient at using code profiling and debugging tools.
- Understanding of different phases of software development life cycle.
- Passion for learning new or evolving technologies.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Agile project management experience.
The Specialist – .NET Development is an experienced .NET developer targeting the .NET 4.5+ platform and C#. As a specialist, you are responsible for working with a team of highly talented developers, leading by example and working with the team leads to design, developer, and deliver quick fixes and enhancements to our Point of Sales system. Another key responsibility will be to work with a team to re-engineer our existing global in store technology.
- Work with the team to design, develop, and deliver services in our next-generation commerce applications using .NET, C# and SQL.
- Responsible for segments or phases of broader and more complex aspects of projects with a global focus on development.
- Follows industry standards, patterns and best practices for .Net development techniques in implementing business rules
- Understand, identify and implement reusable code in an object oriented fashion.
- Apply advanced object-oriented and service-oriented design skills when implementing features
- Maintain the release management cycle as well as the software development environments
- Keep in touch with the latest .NET technology and service-oriented techniques and continues to develop his/her technical skills.
- Collaborate with the project team and is willing to be flexible to achieve team goals.
- Ownership mentality while maintaining a team focus
- Learn and employ knowledge of the business segment targeted by the software application.
- Work with support personnel to ensure they have a clear understanding of existing or upcoming functionality, prior to it being deployed/rolled-out.
- Develop and test POS packages and quick fixes for our POS application maintenance
- Assist support personal with hands on investigation and drive solutions for domestic installations of existing software solutions
- Assist the International Operations team with questions, issues and possible bugs for international installations of existing software solutions
- Follow industry standards, patterns and best practices for service and .NET development in implementing business logic.
- Review code and perform an adequate level of unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained.
- Assist lead developers in producing relevant artifacts for the projects
- Assist team lead in building, deploying and releasing application builds.
(20%) Planning and Design
- Analyze the functional requirements and designs and implement them into software modules, clarify scope and breadth of work tasks with business analysts and product managers.
- Participate in project planning, estimation, standup and status meetings as appropriate.
- Identify product or process related development issues and provide constructive feedback to the Manager of Development as well as the Technical Delivery Manager.
- Complete work in accordance with deadlines.