Hardware Integration Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- Hardware Integration Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Hardware Integration Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Develop specific hardware and software solutions for unique business requirements for both domestic and international markets as commissioned by internal departments or franchisees and approved by the VP of Enterprise Software Development.
- Assist with the integration of country specific fiscal devices.
- Develop proof of concept solutions to solve business needs.
- Work with the our POS(Point of Sale) Team as needed in the integration of proposed solutions.
- Work with 3rd party hardware vendors as needed.
- Establish and execute a plan for continuous improvement of store operations through the use new software and hardware technologies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify improvements to our POS (Point of Sale) Systems and Enterprise applications.
- Work with Point of Sale business analysts to generate detailed business requirements.
- Coordinate with the QA team the testing and certification of our hardware and software solutions.
- Work with 3rd party vendors as needed in the design and development of proposed improvements.
- Provide integration and relationship management with the eCommerce, Data Warehouse, Operations Technology, and Deployment teams.
- Perform customer acceptance testing of new software releases.
- Review customer requirements to ensure all documented functionality is tested.
- Document test case scenarios and record all test results in a centralized location.
- Maintain a customer acceptance testing environment.
- Coordinate test results with the Point of Sale Test Lab for defect comparisons.
- Communicate test results with the project coordinator and Operations Technology Management Team.
Execute (POS) Point of Sale hardware activities
- Support the process that provides successful development, testing and deployment of all new product hardware to the Point of Sale store community, including:
- Maintain relationships with all applicable department teams members to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Work with 3rd party vendors (when applicable) to ensure that current processes are maintained and to ensure that vendor relationships are preserved.
- Test new hardware products thoroughly and provide test results to the Operations Technology Coordinator and IS Engineering Team.
- Escalate any product issues to the project coordinator and management team for prioritization.
- Ensure all hardware related products and processes are delivered on (or before) the requested date.
- Provide training documentation to the Operation Technology and Help Desk teams when new hardware is added to the current in-store technology package
- Minimum 5 years of project support experience, primarily project task scheduling and managing multiple relationships with project stakeholders including internal and external clients.
- Minimum 5 years hardware experience on Intel and UNIX platforms.
- Experience in:
- 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
- Client / Server application systems.
- Hardware peripheral experience including printers, caller id, mobile devices, and biometric devices.
- Experience or familiarity in:
- Project planning, project scheduling and issue identification.
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible to ensure project completion.
- Strong vendor relationship management skills.
- Must possess a positive, progressive attitude with a willingness to learn new technology