- Job Title
- Security Architect
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48333
- Other Location
The Security Architect is responsible for ensuring that our client is taking proactive and responsive approaches to improve security. This involves researching and prioritizing relevant security disclosures, inclusive of any required responses to customer findings or proposals that may arise through audit. The Security Architect will also be responsible for designing and building features and systems that improve our security and awareness, as well as training and educating development staff on best practices. The Security Architect should be hands on and have enough development background to participate in design and development when necessary.
- Stay current on IT security-related industry events, news, and issues – act as a subject matter expert to our client on these subjects.
- Monitor vulnerability databases for relevant disclosures.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and respond to vulnerabilities.
- Implement continuous automated security testing.
- Review and monitor intrusion detection systems.
- Design and implement security instrumentation and intrusion detection into our applications.
- Deeply understand and implement security protocols and standards according to best practices.
- Assess potential items of risk and opportunities for vulnerabilities in the application and infrastructure.
- Assist in the creation and modification of security standards and policies according to best practices.
- Assist IT Operations and Application Development with the implementation of information security best practices.
- Participate in information security audits (i.e., Customer Audits: finance source, internal, SOC I, SOC II & GLBA) to proactively minimize and eliminate information security vulnerabilities. Act as liaison between Security and IT teams to enable efficiency and coordination in communication and responses to Customer Audits.
- Respond to information security incidents and assist with internal and coordination in communication and responses to investigations.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a software developer or software architect preferably using Java (can be concurrent with IT security experience).
- 5+ years’ experience in IT security (can be concurrent with development experience).
- Experience designing and building out security related systems.