IT Commerce Operations Engineer (SCCM, PowerShell Scripting, DevOps, Splunk, Hybrid Cloud) - Contract
- Job Title
- IT Commerce Operations Engineer (SCCM, PowerShell Scripting, DevOps, Splunk, Hybrid Cloud) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: IT Commerce Operations Engineer (SCCM, PowerShell Scripting, DevOps, Splunk, Hybrid Cloud)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Commerce IT Operations Engineers work within the Store Platform Engineering team along with other cross-functional teams architecting solutions, and assisting with projects to enhance our client’s domestic commerce operations through their entire lifecycle. In addition, Commerce IT Ops Engineers will provide IT architectural guidance, consulting, and support to our client’s international IT markets.
Operations Engineering (70%)
- Delivers complex enterprise grade IT solutions with high emphasis on security, automation, scalability, and stability.
- Consults business managers, customers, and peer technical groups on commerce operations requirements, configurations, limitations, and advantages.
- Participates in formal change management advisory team for review of production environment changes.
- Creates documentation for architectural and operations viewpoints of IT solutions.
- Proactively collaborates with peers and customers to determine areas of focus for optimization and future initiatives.
- Ensures configuration compliance of commerce platforms and environments.
- Certifies integration of peer technical group solutions into existing commerce operations procedures.
- Determines key system availability metrics and designs appropriate alerts for operational monitoring.
- Creates scalable, automated, intelligent management processes for day-to-day use by IT Operations, Commerce Development, and Commerce Support teams.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Sets and ensures adherence to our client’s IT strategic vision.
Support Engineering (30%)
- Contributes IT Operations expertise in critical incident triage scenarios resulting in incident resolution and root cause analysis.
- Collaborates with level 2 support technicians for troubleshooting new operation impacting scenarios.
- Provides group training of level 2 support technicians in knowledge-gapped areas of commerce operations.
- Creates documentation for the support viewpoint of new and existing IT solutions.
- Participates in post-mortem escalation review for process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with the following:
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- PowerShell scripting and Desired State Configuration
- Microsoft IIS Web Platform
- DevOps methodologies integrated with Microsoft platforms
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Microsoft SQL
- DevOps toolchains
- Hybrid Cloud methodologies
- 5+ years of IT work experience in large scale, multi-site infrastructure environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure and network best practices.
- Demonstrated ability in IT automation with continual process improvement.
- Strong documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, solution specifications, and guidelines.
- Ability to cover 24x7 remote (rotational on-call) technical support as needed.
- Ability to travel 5%
Some initial thoughts on important technical skills/experience:
- Windows Operating System
- PowerShell scripting
- PowerShell DSC and/or Puppet (very similar technologies)
- IT Operations background
- Microsoft IIS
- MS Azure