The mission of Mutual Housing California is to develop, operate and advocate for sustainable housing that builds strong communities through resident participation and leadership development. We strive for a work environment that is marked by honest, responsible and sincere interaction. As a team, our aim is to support each other to achieve individual and organizational goals. An interesting and challenging experience awaits you as a prospective employee of Mutual Housing.
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Sacramento, CA 95820
- Other Location
Team player needed to complete repairs and replacements, preventative maintenance, and apartment turnovers. As a part of the site team, is responsible to ensure a high standard of cleanliness, customer service, and a hazard-free environment.
1. Completes work orders in a timely and accurate manner. Cleans up after work is complete.
2. Performs repairs on the property, including painting, basic carpentry or wall repair, plumbing, and electrical. MHM provides all tools needed for this position.
3. Cleans apartments during turnover process, as directed.
4. Maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns and flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
5. Provides on-call maintenance service, as directed. Responds to emergencies, as required.
6. Sets up conference room and community space, as needed.
7. Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
8. Advises Property Manager of the overall condition of the property.
9. Keeps Property Manager and residents informed of scheduling and progress of maintenance work orders and scheduled physical improvements under tech's purview.
10. Monitors maintenance budget and recommends revisions to budget and advises supervisor when there are budget concerns.
11. Assist in monitoring the performance of site vendors for landscape maintenance and other maintenance issues.
12. Respect the confidentiality of resident information.
1. High School Diploma/GED or completion of Technical training in a building trade.
2. Prior experience in a Maintenance Technician position at a multi-family apartment Community.
3. Take direction from the supervisor.
4. Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions in the English language.
5. Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site team.
6. Relate professionally with vendors, residents, and co-workers.
7. Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
8. Flexible to change work schedules.
9. Maintain a professional personal appearance.
10. Must have own transportation, driver's license and vehicle insurance that is commensurate with company policy.
11. Treat residents and vendors with respect and compassion.
11. Represent Mutual Housing Management with a professional manner at all times.
12. Understand and commit to the mission and values of Mutual Housing.
13. Wear a Mutual Housing Management uniform at all times when on duty.
14. Learn how to input maintenance work orders and other information into computer program.