Financial Analyst (Automotive)
- Job Title
- Financial Analyst (Automotive)
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Financial Analyst-Plymouth, MI (Direct Hire)
- SAP experience
- Automotive experience
- Accounting background (working knowledge – they understand ins and outs)
This position supports the Corporate Finance Manager and includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage the process and approvals for capital expenditure requests
- Perform detailed analysis of monthly results vs. forecast and budget; coordinate monthly reporting of results to our parent company; analyze results and provide explanation for variances
- Maintenance of our master data in SAP, as well as look for ways to improve it
- Responsible for administrative cost center budget, forecast, and monthly reporting
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly revenue reporting by region
- Help identify profitability drivers that explain business performance
- Assist with the analysis of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related discipline required. MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- A minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to manipulate data from system reports.
- Understand the relationship between the three financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow)
- Must be self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work effectively within a team setting or independently.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and documentation capabilities.
- Advanced skill level in MS Office is required; specifically, Excel skill level requires experience in “sum if”, linking between files, replacement logic and pivot tables.
- Must show aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
- SAP experience is required.