|Prior custodial experience in a municipal building. Looking for 2nd shift janitors for K-12 school District. Will be waxing floors, cleaning bathrooms and any other task that may be assigned.
Scope of work consist of but not limited to:
They perform cleaning and service functions to provide the students, staff, and public a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean facility to the prescribed standard according to identified procedures.
· Responsible for removing hazards and dangerous conditions that could result in accidents or fire.
· Responsible for preventing needless waste or careless use of supplies, equipment or other utilities.
· Performs daily and scheduled housekeeping duties to maintain buildings and premises including, sidewalks, driveways, and play areas. These areas must me neatly maintained, clean and free of rubbish, paper, and debris
· Assist organizations using school facilities including all Community Education and School Events approved through the school district.
· Operates and monitors heating, ventilation, plumbing and lighting systems for building occupants.
· Shovel, plow, snow blow, sand, and salt exit ways and steps as appropriate to ensure safe ingress and egress per school specific snow removal and maintenance plans.
· Responsible for ensuring that all exit doors are open and working properly during occupancy, including interior, exit, and fire doors.
· Responsible for yard-keeping chores such as grass cutting and trimming as scheduled.
· Responsible for reporting needed facility repairs and damage.
· Responsible for determining that all doors and windows in assigned areas are locked and secured both during the day and during the evenings.
· Responsible for keeping supplies and equipment in an orderly manner and in proper quantity for performance of scheduled work assignments. Chemicals and Chemical bottles must be used in accordance with manufacturer specifications and must be labeled correctly at all times.
· Responsible for carrying out general duties such as:
o Clean glass, sinks, floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, chalkboards/whiteboards, lab tables and tile. Dust furniture, books, equipment, shelves, replace lamps, paper supplies, sweep classrooms, halls, gyms, and walks. Mopping, scrubbing, stripping, waxing, extracting, disinfecting, vacuuming, gum removal, buffing, polishing, collection and disposal of trash and rubbish.
· Assist with building emergency procedures for bomb threats, natural disasters, or personal injuries or accidents.
· Responsible for notifying fire departments or other appropriate authority of situations requiring immediate attention.
· Responsible for maintaining a professional cooperative relationship with staff, students, supervision, and fellow employees.
· This is a representative of the type of work generally performed by custodians. This list is not intended to be all inclusive and other work may be added or deleted by the Account Manager/Assistant Account Manager and/or the Manager of the department.