IT Service Desk Technician/Technical Support - Contract
- Job Title
- IT Service Desk Technician/Technical Support - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: IT Service Desk Technician
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Technical support professional with proven customer service and issue resolution capabilities. Key skillsets include communication, service focus, troubleshooting hardware/software/connectivity, and process execution with underlying technologies from Microsoft, Apple, HP, Xerox, and others. Team Member will work as part of a team responsible for the Service Desk Tower within our Operations organizational matrix.
- 6+ months of desktop system support experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Entry-level technical certification preferred (A+, MCITP, Network+).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong logical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to consistently follow standard procedures.
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts.
Notes about the Req:
Ideally someone with Service Desk experience but not required. Somethings I’d like to see (not required but nice)
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- ServiceNow experience
- Active Directory, PC, Mac
The one big item I would love to have (again not a requirement but I’m really looking for this one, even more so than last time)
- Experience with MDT, creating and maintaining WIMs (windows Images) and/or SCCM for deploying and maintaining Windows Images.
- We are a Windows heavy shop.
- Tools we use heavily include with Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Service Now and Windows 10.
i.We also use Jamf (Mac tool), SCCM, MDT (laptop imaging), Microsoft Teams, Shoretel
- Mac experience a plus.
- This person should have at least some enterprise Service Desk experience.
- Above all, PERSONALITY and CUSTOMER SERVICE are key. I don’t have the ability to bring on someone with no experience here, but I prioritize good team fit and personality very highly. This person needs to have the ability to fit in on our team, change pace rapidly, and respond to changing priorities.
Customer Service Delivery – End User Support (70%)
- Provide single point of contact (SPOC) for enterprise service desk via phone and email.
- Provide desk side assistance (actual and virtual) as needed.
- Provide Level 1 & 2 operational support for the following services/platforms:
- Windows/MAC OS.
- HP/Mac desktops and laptops.
- Productivity applications: Office365 Suite, Lync, Liferay, etc.
- Line of business applications: SoloChain, PeopleSoft, Citrix, etc.
- Mobility Services: iPhone/iPad,WiFi, etc..
- Printing Services: Xerox MFPs.
- Voice Services: ShoreTel VOIP.
- Security services: Proxy, SSL VPN, McAfee, BitLocker, CompuTrace.
- Audio/Visual systems.
- Manage Windows desktop environment using Microsoft Deployment, AD group policy, and SCCM.
- Manage vendor services to ensure service delivery.
Customer Relationship Management – Issue Tracking, Training, and Liaison (30%)
- Provide accurate documentation, tracking, and escalation via ticketing system.
- Perform end user training for applications, systems, and processes.
- Perform liaison duties with customer base to identify common issues and drive business alignment.
- Provide continuous improvement via problem management for common desktop/customer issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all desktops, applications, and customer systems.