Material Planner/Trade Desk Specialist
- Job Title
- Material Planner/Trade Desk Specialist
- Job ID
- Tustin, CA 92780
- Other Location
Innovative and Global organization specializing in Medical Diagnostic Imaging and headquartered in Tustin, CA is seeking a Material Planner/Trade Desk Specialist to manage logistics and inventory control for trade-in equipment. This is a long term position with benefits after 3 months.
POSITION: Material Planner/Trade Desk Specialist (Long term position with benefits after 3 months)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The successful candidate will provide logistics and be responsible for communication and coordination with various internal departments and external contacts involved in the used equipment trade-in sales removal process.
- Manage and monitor reports of the used equipment inventory and activity.
- Evaluate used TAMS equipment for trade-in value.
- Solicit bids from qualified dealers for trade-ins using a bid process (via trade-portal and manual).
- Communicate with sales person and quote specialist of resale value of the trade-in so quotes can be generated.
- Notify successful bidder and arranges for resale of used equipment.
- Plan, schedule de-installations and trade-in processing to coincide with sales forecast.
- Review and approve trade-in sales orders for configuration, compatibility, accuracy and availability.
- Analyze profit/loss and provide financial analysis for trade-in activity.
- Arrange for used equipment to be entered into perpetual inventory and coordinate billing of the trade-in with headquarters.
- Create and devise materials resource planning and tracking methods as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary documentation and reports to meet company requirements and facilitate material flow.
- Ensure compliance with TAMS Export Control Policy, in transactions involving trade-in equipment.
- This position was also expanded to follow up on return material from the field and to assist in the planning and scheduling of HIT activities.
- Four year degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Min 2 years years experience managing logistics and/or inventory control activities.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Strong familiarity with integrated computer business systems such as BPCS, ORACLE and, SharePoint.
- Strong persuasion, negotiation, and analytical skills; detail orientation and good judgment/discretion.
- Experience with products/systems a plus.
- Some accounting and purchasing background helpful.
- Experience negotiating with outside contractors or vendors.
- Ability to work under little or no direction, exercising diplomacy and good judgment.
• This job is performed in an office environment, requiring the frequent operation of standard office equipment such as personal computer, fax and copy machines.
This is a long term role with benefits after 3 months of employment. Salary range: $25/hr