- Job Title
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
A Developer II has mastered the most-often used features of the programming language, its core library, commonly used 3rd party libraries, and commonly used code management and build tooling. They are able to mentor less experienced developers in the team's practices and idioms, including the reason behind them, as well as provide meaningful commentary on the implementation of the developer's code.
Initially a Dev II is expected to be able to develop a medium set of defined, inter-related classes, articulate why the code and application they are working on are designed the way they are, and be able to provide some instructive feedback to newer developers through code reviews and in-person Q&A. As they progress, they should be able to implement smaller subsystems independently, begin to design small portions of the systems, and begin to understand the design principals and practices that cut across all the applications.
The goal of the Dev is to:
- Develop an understanding of why some libraries, frameworks, and tooling are designed the way they are: what tradeoffs were made? why might the developer have done that? Through this work, develop an understanding of the practical use of design patterns.
- Begin to understand some of the externalities associated with running an application: performance, security, operations, monitoring, etc.
- Be able to troubleshoot application, infrastructure, and environment issues
Or, more succinctly, the Dev II is gaining the ability to determine why things are done in a particular way and apply that knowledge to new situations.
Development - 90%
- Ensure appropriate semantic tagging within the HTML and CSS.
- Work with QA to develop good, comprehensive functional tests.
- Research, trial, and recommend new web and mobile technologies that can improve development quality/efficiency or improve user interface.
- Has the ability to rapidly prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs
- Work with business analysts, user experience developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
Mentoring - 10%
- Review code and provide feedback to developers on ways to improve code quality, clarity, and performance.
- Review tests and provide feedback on ways to improve general code coverage, positive and negative test cases, and data management.
- Instruct developers in group standards and practices.
- Describe and instruct developers in the team's build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
- Experience building responsive web and mobile applications using modern frameworks such React, Backbone, Angular. Experience with single-page apps preferred.
- Experience with front-end build, debug, and profiling tools (e.g., webpack, Grunt, Chrome Developer Tools)
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology