Why join the Adler School?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler School employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
|Job Title||Media Relations Specialist|
|Location||Chicago, IL 60602|
|Description||The Adler School is founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. In January 2015, we will become Adler University, a new name selected to support our vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the overall success of the Adler School’s institutional goals and strategic marketing and communications specifically through effective media outreach. He or she should have specialized experience planning and implementing strategic media relations programs (encompassing traditional, online and social media), and working directly with local and national print, broadcast and online/multimedia outlets. Strong writing, critical thinking, interpersonal communication and flexibility are required. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
|Required Skills||• Minimum of a bachelor's degree required, with a preference for a degree in communications, public relations, or journalism • 5+ years of experience working with local, regional and national media and a proven track record of placements. Experience in higher education is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated specialized knowledge of media relations, the news industry, and electronic and social media is required. Broad practical knowledge of internal and external communications, including marketing communications, organizational communications and community relations also is required.
• Knowledge of communications strategic planning and measurement, and a proven ability to execute quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including a positive and professional attitude
• Excellent speaking, interviewing and presentation skills
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, with experience writing for multiple audiences across multiple platforms
• Excellent social media/community engagement skills
• Strong organizational and management skills to effectively manage resources and the execution of multiple projects on an ongoing basis
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – with emphasis on Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Basic photography skills required; experience working with video scripting and direction a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.