Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
|Job Title||Payroll Administrator|
|Location||Chicago, IL 60602|
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of community psychology. As part of its commitment to continue the work of the first community psychologist Alfred Adler, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, by engaging in communities, and by advancing social justice.
The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll and A/P. Initiative and assistance with ad hoc payroll issues as they arise is expected.
30% PROCESSING PAYROLL:
20 % ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS:
5% DATA MAINTENANCE:
5% SPECIAL PROJECTS:
|Required Skills||• Bachelor Degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years of experience in payroll
• Able to identify problems and recommend solutions
• Must be a self-starter
• Highest level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to handle and manage confidential information. Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence.
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Familiarity with at least one payroll system (preferably UltiPro)
• Experience in higher education a plus
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to use appropriate language and reason when dealing with employees
• Excellent computer skills including aptitude to write reports from the payroll system. Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.