Why join the Adler School?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler School employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
|Job Title||Senior Accountant|
|Description||The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited Psy.D. program and Master’s Degree programs. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of the first community psychologist Alfred Adler. To fulfill this goal, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the month-end close process with emphasis on grants accounting and consolidation of CAD subsidiary, and subsequent balance sheet reconciliations. This position reports to the Controller and works as a member of a very strong team including another Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Payroll Administrator, and Bursar. The Senior Accountant has a great deal of interaction with the CFO.
25% MONTH-END CLOSE:
50 % ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS:
5% DATA MAINTENANCE:
10% SPECIAL PROJECTS:
Please note that occasional overtime may be required.
|Required Skills||Applicants must have the following competencies:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience.
• Must be a self-starter, accountable for the entire deliverable.
• Superior analytical and organizational skills with a proven ability to work with numbers and financial data. Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Highest level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to handle and manage confidential information. Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence.
• Outstanding computer skills and proven success in working with ERP and related reporting systems. Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague ERP system (formerly Datatel) a plus.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in higher education a plus.
Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.