Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
Dissertation Format Editor
- Job Title
- Dissertation Format Editor
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School is founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. In January 2015, we will become Adler University, a new name selected to support our vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society.
The Dissertation Format Editor is responsible for checking the format of each PsyD dissertation according to the job duties below. The duties of the format editor do not include content editing. The Dissertation Format Editor is supervised by the Associate Director in the Center for Learning and Teaching. This is a part-time position and the candidate may work on-site or remotely. Due to the seasonal nature of the work, schedule flexibility is required.
- Check format of tables and figures for APA style (6th edition)
- Check format of references (list and text) for APA style
- Check margins for adherence to PsyD program specifications
- Check and correct font, line spacing, headings, sequence of chapters, and pagination for adherence to PsyD program specifications and APA style.
- Complete and sign format editing form and submit it to the department’s administrative assistant
- Keep records for number of pages completed, hours worked, etc.
- Required Skills
• Obsessive attention to detail and total commitment to accuracy
• Knowledge of the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under a demanding schedule, which fluctuates during the year
• Minimum educational qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with some graduate coursework
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.