Sr. Database Administrator (SQL Server Admin/Development) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Database Administrator (SQL Server Admin/Development) - Contract
- Job ID
- Louisville, KY 40205
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Database Administrator (SQL Server Admin/Development)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is looking to add a senior level Database Administrator to our team. This person will administer database, web, application and batch process servers, with a primary focus on design and infrastructure.
- Minimum of six years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SQL Server Development
- Oracle Experience
- Experience with Data modeling/data design
- Experience utilizing TOAD Software
- Payment Processing Experience
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Designs database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to design and optimize all DB environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.