- Job Title
- Digital PM
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
ON-SITE WORK LOCATION-DEARBORN, MI
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The project manager is responsible for day to day management of initiatives on a tactical, project level. The project manager is primarily an internal-facing role which interacts with key client individuals to facilitate initiatives through the project life-cycle utilizing the clients digital standards, practices, and tools.
The project manager is responsible for, and leads, the development and translation of client’s business requirements into formal agreements (SOW) establishing specific solutions, applications or processes culminating in customer acceptance of the results. The project manager is the delivery services individual responsible for creating and maintaining project information, establishing project communication processes and tools, employing change management procedures, managing vendor relationships , performing project financials, leading project team meetings, reporting on project status, generating health reports, managing and enforcing milestones, escalating issues, and assisting in timely issue resolution with internal and external teams.
The project manager assumes overall responsibility for cost, schedule, financial, and contractual deliverable s. The project manager role includes three skill levels; Junior Project Manager, Project Manager, and Senior Project Manager. The differences/expectations are outlined below and has an impact on level of mentoring needed, necessary training, client communication, and overall responsibilities
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Junior Project Manager:
- Work with and take guidance from Project Managers, Senior Project Managers and/or Delivery Leads to accomplish the responsibilities, tasks, and actions listed within the Project Manager major responsibilities/principal accountabilities.
- Project Manager:
- Create, communicate and maintain project plans.
- Manage vendor, partner and third party relationships on a project level.
- Create and communicate call reports.
- Create and communicate meeting recaps and followups.
- Work with resource manager to ensure proper resources are assigned for the delivery of milestones.
- Create SOWs.
- Track and report on project level budgets.
- Open, revise and close jobs through infusion.
- Report on project health and status.
- Participate in project governance.
- Adhere to and facilitate the 4D process.
- Participate in project audits.
- Responsible for items listed in PM Deliverables review document including:
Directory Structure on Digital Drive.
Projects in Project Server.
Statement of Work.
Project Budget Tracking.
Content Management Integration.
Vendor Handoff Meeting.
Functional Template Handoff Meeting.
Engineering Handoff Meeting.
Team Status Meetings.
Master Project List (Status Reporting).
Issue resolution planning, management and Tracking.
Vendor Evaluations (through Infusion).
Job / Project Closing.
Mentor and assist Junior Project Managers, when necessary.
- Senior Project Manager:
- Responsible for the responsibilities, tasks, and actions listed within the Project Manager major responsibilities/principal accountabilities.
- Mentor and assist Junior Project Managers and Project Managers, when necessary.
- Responsible for large, complex projects which demand senior-level project management skills (i.e., high-profile projects, complex projects across workstreams and client channels, etc.).
- Work with Delivery Leads to communicate project health, financial information and issue escalation to clients management and clients.
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proactive, excellent attention to detail.
- Strong leadership/management skills.
- Strong communication/organization/presentation skills.
- Strategic understanding.
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing industry trends and changes.
- Proficient software knowledge and skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Ability to maintain and foster good Client/Agency relationships.
- Promote internal team communication and enhanced relationships.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with managing multiple work streams.
- Automotive marketing experience.