Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer
- Job Title
- Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Other Location
The purpose of the Oracle Database Developer is to contribute, as part of the Data Team, detailed design, coding of packages, stored procedures & functions, and testing for Oracle-based applications using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL in a Solaris/Linux environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Develop solutions using database development tools and languages such as Oracle PL/SQL.
- Follow coding standards detailed in database developer handbook.
- Developing design documentation.
- Review technical documents to ensure consistency, accuracy, and compliance with enterprise direction and security standards.
- Schedule and participate in code walkthroughs.
- Provide assistance to other teams as needed,
- Investigate and resolve all assigned defects.
- Represent Data Team in requirement and design sessions.
- Recommend database design elements with data architects or data manager.
- Collaborate with clients, business analyst, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational databases.
- Work with our Finance Source partners to provide guidance and direction during the enrollment process.
- Business Operations Level 2 Support/on call responsibilities.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years Experience in Oracle databases in the role of Database Developer
- Minimum of 5 years experience with SQL/PL/SQL
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting and Perl Scripting
- Experience in Web-Based Architecture
- Minimum of 1 year Logical/physical database design experience is a plus
- Familiarity with TOAD/SQL Navigator/Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with using Oracle client toolsets such as SQL* Plus and SQL* Loader
- Experience with BI Tools like Cognos, Tableau is a plus.
NON-ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Experience with Oracle performance tuning techniques
- Experience in working in an Agile Scrum team is preferred
- Java/J2EE experience
- Knowledge of XML/XSL/XSLT technologies
- LDAP experience
- Other RBDMS experience (MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Express