Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
Financial Aid Manager
- Job Title
- Financial Aid Manager
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School is founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. In January 2015, we will become Adler University, a new name selected to support our vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society.
The Financial Aid Manger is responsible for the management, administration, development and support for Financial Aid Information Technology Systems and all its supporting systems. Perform software and patch upgrades. Manage database administration of Ellucian Colleague including security, maintenance, performance monitoring, user setup, system and system backup. In addition, this person will research a variety of internal customer requests and be responsible for system automations, enhancements, and project management for Financial Aid and online aid going forward related implementations.
- Serves as the principal database expert providing advice for database applications and providing technical integrations with Financial Aid..
- Serves as primary technical liaison to Datatel and other institutions using Datatel / Colleague.
- Establishes standards, procedures, and guidelines necessary to ensure data integrity, satisfactory progress, and external reporting.
- Administer and maintain Colleague's production, test, and development environments.
- Use SA Valet, including the core system and its support systems such as WebAdvisor
- Implement and support new modules and features of Colleague.
- Coordinate the implementation of new interfaces, migrations, vendor patches, year-end regulatory patches, and system upgrades, including complete beta and dev QA testing prior to implementation
- Track, troubleshoot, and resolve Colleague software and interface issues.
- Work directly with end users, Financial Aid and IT staff. Troubleshoot issues with application performance, data balancing, monitor file status and resize/reindex files.
- Manage user accounts, application security classes, and access level setup for users.
- Provide direct technical assistance to users in troubleshooting problems and/or answering questions about system functionality.
- Document customized processes, procedures, and code in support of applications.
- Handle migration to new releases and systems, and implementation of new functions.
- Develop custom enhancements and reports to support business and systems.As needed, award financial aid to students; distribute Federal, state, institutional and private funding.
- Monitor Satisfactory Academic progress; satisfactory completion of hours by every student receiving financial aid.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Financial Aid.
- Required Skills
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 3-5 years of Datatel Colleague experience or experience supporting ERP systems and Financial Aid systems. Experience in troubleshooting software applications and resolving a wide variety if complex user requests. Database administration experience in a Windows environment with database, programming and query languages (preferably using Datatel and Unidata). Experience developing ad hoc reports for end-users. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile