Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School is founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. In January 2015, we will become Adler University, a new name selected to support our vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society.
- Manage switchboard by processing incoming calls according to departmental procedures (knowledge of who does what, organizational chart, proper screening, etc.)
- Greet all guests with a friendly, welcoming attitude focused on customer service; issue guest badges, announce guests according to procedure; assist employment applicants by issuing application; maintain a tidy work area
- Assist Facilities department with general maintenance and addressing lock outs, hot/cold calls, lights out, key requests, parking validations, keys for locker room and AV cabinets, coordinating Work Study workloads
- Assist with mail services including sorting and distribution, updating mailboxes, and mail machine maintenance
- Provide event/meeting support by knowing daily schedule, printing guest badges, checking-in attendees, coordinating with security
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of campus policies and procedures as it relates to campus hours, security process, after-hours guests, holiday schedule, etc.
- Assist with purchasing and vendor management including office supplies, paper, stationary, coffee/vending, document destruction, and processing invoices
- Update organization documents including phone list, floorplan, reception manual, etc.
- Hours are 8:30-5:00
- Required Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
One year past reception/front desk experience
Experience with customer service
Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
Flexible, friendly attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.