Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
Sr. Director of Financial Aid
- Job Title
- Sr. Director of Financial Aid
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
Founded in 1952, the Adler School of Professional Psychology provides a range of innovative graduate programs at its campuses in Chicago, IL (built new in 2011), Vancouver, BC, and through Adler Online. The Adler School continues the pioneering work of the first community psychologist, Alfred Adler, by graduating socially responsible practitioners, by engaging communities, and by advancing social justice.
Having grown over the past decade from an enrollment of 185 in fall 2003 to an enrollment of 1,200 in fall 2012 with concurrent gains in the quality of its students, the Adler School’s doctoral and masters programs educate practitioners in applications of psychology, criminal justice, public policy and related fields informed by the School's social justice perspective. Adler School’s services and programs include Adler Community Health Services, which provides psychological services to underserved communities, Institute on Social Exclusion, Institute on Public Safety and Social Justice, the LGBTQ Mental Health and Inclusion Center, and the Adler Child Guidance Center which engage in research, education, and outreach. The School’s social justice mission guides the work of these centers and institutes, in addition to all curriculum, practica and training for all traditional and online students. The Adler Board of Trustees has been recognized as a model for diversity and for excellence in governance. To read more see www.adler.edu
To read more about the Adler School’s mission, vision and values, see www.adler.edu/mission.
Location: 17 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60602
The Senior Director of Financial Aid reports directly to the Vice President for Administration and is responsible for providing services necessary to operate and organize a complete financial aid program to Adler School students. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and management of professional staff, support staff, and department operations. Direct reports include: Director of Financial Aid, Financial Aid Systems Manager, and a Financial Aid Counselor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management of professional staff, support staff, and department operations.
- Develop and implement best practices that support the goal of enrollment growth and quality of services.
- Maintain compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and reporting requirements.
- Direct expanded automation of and manage financial aid operations through utilization of the integrated student information system - Ellucian Colleague.
- Update and manage applicable financial aid policies and practices for processing financial aid
- Administer financial literacy, debt management, and default management programs.
- Manage a cohesive application review and award process.
- Manage receipt of student scholarships, grants, and third party payments.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress; maintain systems of accountability.
- Maintain professional knowledge of all federal and state financial aid regulations and policies and manage the office in compliance with all such regulations and policies.
- Manage external audit of Title IV funds.
- Work closely with registrar/bursar and finance department to ensure compliance in terms of cash management when disbursing Title IV funds.
- Other duties or special projects that may be assigned by the VP of Administration.
- Manage veteran educational benefits.
Valued Core Behaviors:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Responsiveness to change
- Quality and accountability orientation
- Support and model the School’s values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honoring diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Required Skills
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
•Minimum 5 years of work experience in a post-secondary institution with administrative responsibility for financial aid services.
•Experience must include supervision of staff and in-depth experience managing back-end set up.
•Financial aid support of online/digital programming is required.
•Ability to interact and speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups.
Why consider the opportunity?
•Healthy, growing institution. It is an exciting time to be a part of Adler School which is becoming Adler University in January 2015. Adler has seen 400% growth in the last eight years. The environment is fast paced and non-bureaucratic.
•Mission driven. Adler School is a mission driven institution with passionate students, faculty, and staff.
•Entrepreneurial role. This position affords the opportunity to be the in-house “expert” and own the function. Your work will have direct influence over the continued growth of the department and the School.
Becoming Adler University in January 2015.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Click the following to apply and submit your CV/resume:
Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://summitsearchsolutions.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=3592701&portalID=5652
For nominations or further information:
Stephanie Fowler Carrie Coward
Senior Consultant President/Owner
Summit Search Solutions, Inc. Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Direct: 530-677-9945 Direct: 828-669-3850
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile