Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
Human Resources Benefits Administrator
- Job Title
- Human Resources Benefits Administrator
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
To perform and provide Human Resources designated HR services responsibly and satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of th HR Benefits Administrator.
- Administer all benefit programs, including recommending and implementing changes
- Lead the annual Open Enrollment process including proactive communication roll out plans
- Implement benefit benchmarking process to ensure competitive standing
- Coordinate New Hire process from offer letter to onboarding
- Produce Ultipro reports, both periodically and on a special request basis
- Perform nondiscrimination testing for retirement plans and health and welfare benefit plans
- Assist employees with Retirement plan questions and track eligibility for the two plans (403b and 457b)
- Track and process vendor invoices for benefit plans
- Monitor Education reimbursement process and costs
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Develop workflow documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Skills
• Three to five years of progressive experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs
• Excellent computer skills including expertise in Excel, database management, report configuration and generation
• Experience in Ultipro
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills with solid writing ability
• College degree preferred
• Experience working within both profit and not for profit industries preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile