Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
Help Desk Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
The Help Desk Support Specialist / AV Specialist is responsible for supporting the Adler School faculty, staff, and student body technology request needs as well as assisting with the maintenance and optimization of the school’s workstation, printer, classroom technology, and telephony resources. This position will also provide Audio/Visual equipment usage and content production assistance to faculty, staff, and student requests. The help desk support specialist / AV specialist will work in conjunction with other members of the Technology department to facilitate Adler community technology utilization and pervasiveness through technology training, communication and enforcement of policies, technology asset management / control, inventory, and process documentation as required by the department.
- Ensure optimum computer workstation performance by performing regular configuration administration, operating system / application installation and updates, threat scanning analysis, log file review, etc.
- Assist with enforcement of staff/faculty adherence to technology systems usage guidelines (standards, utilization, security, etc.)
- Manage networked and standalone printer maintenance/cleaning schedules, jams/problem resolution, as well as consumables inventory, recycling, and re-supply
- Manage public computer / classroom technology computers for optimum performance, integration with classroom AV equipment, etc.
- Work with asset tracking system to ensure accurate and updated inventory information on all workstations, printers, equipment, etc.
Staff Support / Development
- Provide expedited and consistent customer service toward staff/faculty technology requests including:
- Workstation performance/utilization issues
- Virus identification / remediation
- Printer/printing issues
- Applications usage / troubleshooting
- Classroom technology (Smartboard, projector, etc.)
- Usability issues/coaching/training, etc.
- Telephony system / mobile phone usability issues
- Provide consistent technology support for student population technology support including:
- Wireless system access/connectivity
- Interaction with classroom technology
- AV production / conversion requests
- Email / Moodle / WebAdvisor system account access, password resets, etc.
- Log technology support requests and problem resolution in Adler help desk request tracking system
- Assist with the deployment and adoption of technology systems training tools and best practices guidelines
- Assist faculty, staff, students with AV support needs, including:
- CD / DVD creation, duplication, etc.
- Recording / production assistance of classroom / other activities
- Training and usage of video support-enabled classrooms, conference rooms, and Board room
- Assist faculty / staff with video-conferencing session setup, utilization, and recording as necessary
- Ensure all necessary AV systems applications updates (i.e., Smartboard application updates, etc.) are implemented on a scheduled basis
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience preferred
• A+ Certification preferred
• Demonstrated mastery in Windows operating system (Windows 7/8) environments
• Demonstrated experience in workstation hardware troubleshooting techniques
• Two or more years’ experience in a user support (helpdesk) role preferred
• Demonstrated experience with network security and recovery tools and systems (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Windows system recovery tools, operating system imaging tools, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in support and troubleshooting of standard office productivity applications and tools (Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 suite, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with AV / production systems use
• Telephony support experience preferred
• Strong customer service focus
• Strong communications / interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work occasional evenings
• Ability to work regular weekend shifts (offset schedule)
• Must be pro-active, able to identify problems and suggest solutions
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• This position work schedule will include periodic weekend hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile