Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
- Job Title
- Events Coordinator
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
The Events Coordinator will provide event support to Adler School and outside partners, which includes contract management, event planning & coordination, and event oversight. Provide general facilities services support to school, which includes reception back-up, general maintenance and campus appearance, meeting set-up, and special projects as assigned.
- Manage all aspects of on-campus events by acting as primary liaison between internal and external clients; manage calendars, information gathering, food/beverage purchasing, event oversight, technical coordination with IT, and continuing policy development
- For outside partners, manage rental applications, costs proposals, and contracts
- Attend events to facilitate operations and ensure success; respond to emergencies and/or problems; ensure all aspects of events and executed contract are implemented and controlled
- Work with Accounting to track related expenditures, fees, and invoicing
- Send weekly Events overview to internal support teams and maintain External Events Log
- Work with Facilities Coordinator to provide daily meeting set-up support in Community Hall and other rooms as requested; know daily schedule, assist with printing guest badges and checking-in attendees; coordinate with security
- Manage catering kitchen, monitor inventory, ensure cleanliness and organization of kitchen and refrigerator
- Assist with purchasing and vendor management including caterers, coffee/vending, etc. and processing invoices
- Back-up to Front Desk when Receptionist is out of the office to include managing switchboard by processing incoming calls according to departmental procedures; greeting all guests with a friendly, welcoming attitude; issuing guest badges, announcing guests according to procedure; assisting employment applicants by issuing application; maintaining a tidy work area
- Assist Facilities department with general maintenance, campus appearance, addressing lock outs, hot/cold calls, lights out, key requests, coordinating part-time employee workloads and assisting Facilities Director to ensure their daily rounds are executed
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of campus policies and procedures as it relates to fire code, events process, campus hours, security process, after-hours guests, holiday schedule, etc., participate on Life Safety Team
- Hours are 9:00-5:00 M-F but must be flexible to work some nights and weekends to support large events
- Required Skills
• Bachelors Degree
• Event Planning certification preferred
• 5 years experience in event planning
• Contract Management
• Vendor Management
• Receptionist and facilities support service
• Policy development
• Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile