Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
Maintains schedules for the VP of Administration, coordinates and maintains records/history of minutes and materials from various meetings, events, etc. as well as performing a wide range of administrative and executive support functions.
- Maintain confidential information regarding executive, administrative and student affairs
- Extend hospitality to guests in meetings, appointments and accommodations
- Develop and maintain state and regional authorization, manage and coordinate the collection of data for timely submission of accrediting, State, and professional organization, applications and reports (IPEDS, IBHE, professional, State of Indiana, British Columbia – Ministry of Education, and others).
- Maintain and update mailing list databases, incl: alumni, trustees, faculty/adjunct, friends/donors of school, vendors, and national, regional and local organizations of interest
- Track expenses and finances through check requests, reimbursements, expense reports and credit card bill reconciliation
- Maintains records of regular event planning, including financial records, professional contacts, etc.
- Maintain the professionalism and service culture of the office of the Vice President for Administration, Student Services Team, and Adler School learning community.
- Support and assist, as needed, members and department initiatives within the Student Services Team.
- Write, edit, and/or assist with various Adler School newsletters, publications, invitations, and mailings.
- Prepare and/or create appropriate correspondence for the VP for Administration.
- Coordinates schedule of the VP for Administration including meetings, travel, special events, organization events, etc.
- Screen media (mail, phone, fax, email, personal appointments) that reaches VPAA
- Required Skills
•3-5 years of experience in higher education or related field
•Bachelor's degree required
•Administrative training preferred
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•Strong organizational skills
•Excellent writing and editing skills
•Ability to write technical material, grant proposals, reports and articles
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.