Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
- Job Title
- Faculty - PsyD Degree Program
- Job ID
- Vancouver, BC
- Other Location
Founded in 1952, the Adler School of Professional Psychology is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America with campuses in Chicago and Vancouver. The School offers an APA-accredited clinical psychology doctoral program and several degree programs at its Chicago location. At its Vancouver location, the School offers several Master degree programs and has recently launched the first Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology program in Western Canada. The Vancouver Campus of the Adler School operates in British Columbia under the consent of the BC Ministry of Advanced Education, which provided consent to offer the PsyD in Vancouver. As part of its commitment to continue the work of Alfred Adler, the School trains scholar practitioners with interest in social justice to work with marginalized and underserved populations.
Position Summary: The responsibilities of a Core Faculty position include teaching a variety of courses in areas of expertise, providing student advising, clinical supervision of students in practica, supervision of doctoral research projects, committee work, and participating in curriculum oversight and development.
Candidates with expertise in the following subject areas will be given particular consideration; there are currently 2 potential full-time positions open:
Biological Bases of Behaviour
Adlerian Theory & Methods
Clinical Assessment (child and adult)
Work schedule: These positions are designed around a four-day contract but may have some flexibility depending upon the interests and qualifications of the candidate.
- Required Skills
• A Doctorate in Psychology (preferably in clinical psychology) from a program accredited by CPA or its equivalent.
• Psychologist Registration (or registration eligible) with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia (successful registration will be a contract requirement).
• A strong record of clinical experience, graduate level teaching and clinical training (depending upon the stated area of expertise, experience and training will ideally be from the scholar-practitioner model).
• A record of scholarship related to clinical psychology.
• Commitment to training psychologists to work with marginalized and underserved populations (in keeping with the Adler School’s emphasis in social justice), Candidates with particular interest in this mission and with demonstrated experience in these areas are preferred.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check.
• Readiness to join the growing faculty of this new and exciting professional psychology program and live in one of the most beautiful and diverse locations in the world.
Applicants should submit curriculum vitae and a letter of interest to:
Cindy Weisbart, PsyD, Registered Psychologist
Program Director, Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
Adler School of Professional Psychology
700-1090 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3V7
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Option 2: Create a New Profile