|The Georgia Department of Driver Services is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Support Service Worker. Under immediate supervision, the Support Service Worker receives applications for and issues Georgia driver's licenses. This position verifies applicants' eligibility for driver’s licenses; administers and grades written examinations on traffic laws; and, administers road tests to rate applicants' driving ability. Support Service Worker processes reinstatement transactions according to prescribed guidelines and prepares reports to document workload activities and account for licenses issued and fees collected. |
- Provides clear and accurate information to customers and the general public concerning agency services, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Follows guidelines to verify identity and document validity of information received.
- Reviews applications to determine eligibility and issues or reinstates driver's license and identification cards in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws.
- Conducts vision screening.
- Administers and evaluates written and road tests to eligible applicants.
- Enters data from forms, records and/or other sources into the computer.
- Processes documents and/or collects prescribed fees and completes transactions.
- Set up and operates office and licensing equipment.
Use the following link to apply for this position: http://www.dds.ga.gov/DDS/EmploymentOpp.aspx
Click the link that reads “Learn more about available positions with DDS”. Applicant should then click on the position of interest and submit their resume. Resumes submitted online to The Georgia Department of Driver Service need to have all fields/areas of the on-line resume completed. In addition to the required fields, applicants must also complete any Basic Qualification fields for each job.
Application materials should be filled out carefully and completely. An incomplete application/on-line resume or an application/on-line resume with insufficient information may result in an applicant not being considered for a vacancy. Describe your employment background in full.
Resumes will be screened for the training, experience, and/or competencies listed as the Minimum Qualifications for the job. Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the Preferred Qualifications.
All resumes will be reviewed and considered, however, all applicants may not be interviewed. No notification will be sent to applicants who are not selected for interviews.
Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status over the telephone.
DDS employees, in the event of an identified emergency, may be required as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the Department. In addition, in an emergency situation, they may be required to perform responsibilities that are not regularly assigned to them in order to continue the operations of the agency.
NOTE: Information in this announcement is subject to change.