At MSC, our success depends on the talent and dedication of our employees who are driven to make a difference. We create a culture of learning, innovation, and teamwork and encourage our staff to develop new skills and expertise. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. If you require assistance in submitting an application for employment with MSC please call 240-514-4140 or email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
- Job Title
- Project Manager/Coordinator
- Position ID
- Bethesda, MD
- Other Location
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
MSC is currently searching for a Project Manager/Coordinator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is permanent, full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda/Rockville, MD.
The Project Manager/Coordinator will coordinate the full project lifecycle, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, implementation, upgrades, and integration with existing NCBI systems. Position includes daily coordination of complex technical projects dealing with scientific literature or biological data. The Project Manager will participate in and provide technical and administrative expertise to IT development projects, as well as will be responsible for system design, specifications for internally developed or purchased software, system implementation, system integration, and testing.
The Project Manager/Coordinator will also be responsible for tracking milestones, and producing deliverables; balancing risks, schedules, and resources; coordinating cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets; advising senior management on technical issues; communicating project issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires at least 3 years of project management experience and at least 5 years of experience in a technical field.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of software application development.
- At least 3 years experience in Web Information Technology development and support.
- Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Hands-on experience with XML or HTML.
- Experience in one or more software development technologies such as C, C++, Java, Macromedia ColdFusion, Perl, or Python
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with scientific or biological data a plus.
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data
- Experience in a research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
- Experience with relational database - in Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL as administrator or developer.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.