|Job Title||Junior Video Editor / Communications Assistant|
|Location||New York, NY 10001|
|Description||Human Rights First is a dynamic, U.S.-based advocacy organization that has worked for over thirty years to leverage U.S. law, policy, and influence to promote human rights around the world.
Human Rights First has a reputation for pragmatic, results-oriented advocacy that is politically astute, grounded in facts, and driven by sophisticated legal and policy analysis. We focus our efforts not on making a point, but on making a difference. We know from experience that human rights progress is more durable when diverse partners work together to bring about change, so we build strategic, non-partisan alliances to support our objectives. We pride ourselves on this practical, inclusive approach. It works.
Human Rights First values high quality work product, a collaborative and supportive work environment, respect for diverse viewpoints, creative approaches to problem solving, flexibility and adaptability of skills, accountability for results, and commitment to lasting change.
Human Rights First is seeking a Junior Video Editor / Communications Assistant who will play a crucial role in Human Rights First’s pre- and post-production video process by transforming raw footage, video composites, and photographs into polished pieces suitable for public audiences. Along with storytelling skills he/she must have experience with HDSLR video camera setup and lighting. As part of the Communications team the Junior Video Editor / Communications Assistant will work with program staff on multiple projects and will occasionally be required to work under tight deadlines, and some travel will be required. In addition, the Junior Video Editor / Communications Assistant will provide administrative support for the communications team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (VIDEO-70%):
• Light sets and shoot video.
• Create and set up project files for the intended output.
• Import raw video, select and place best clips according to storyboard on the timeline.
• Edit video and audio clips to execute storyboard or conceptual ideas.
• Create effects, titles and other basic motion graphics.
• Color correct video clips and color grade video projects.
• Insert visual and audio transitions.
• Edit audio levels and mix audio tracks.
• Audio recording and editing (EQ & Compression) for voiceover.
• Manage video files: importing, storing, categorizing & exporting.
• Exporting and compressing video for DVD, YouTube & Facebook, etc.
• Suggesting or selecting music.
• Assist in producing live web-stream events, includes working with AV vendors
· Create a searchable database for old footage
Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
· Pay bills for the department
· Schedule meetings as requested
· Support communications team members with logistics – mailings, travel – as needed.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational and work experience in “soup-to-nuts” video production.
ANNUAL SALARY: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
START DATE: Immediately
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 15, 2013. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please complete the online application found at our website www.humanrightsfirst.org under ABOUT US / JOB OPPORTUNITIES links.
You will be requested to provide:
· Resume (upload)
· Cover letter (secondary upload*)
· Names and contact details for three (3) references (enter online)
* After completing the initial application and uploading your resume, please select VIEW PROFILE and UPLOAD ATTACHMENT to upload additional documents. You can also log into your profile from the top of the Job Opportunities page. When logged into your profile, you can upload cover letter, writing sample, and any other relevant documents by selecting UPLOAD ATTACHMENT at the top of the page.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email with their username and password once they’ve created a profile. Please keep this information to access your application and make changes at any time.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Human Rights First is a non-profit, nonpartisan international human rights organization based in New York and Washington DC. We build respect for human rights and the rule of law to help ensure the dignity to which everyone is entitled and to stem intolerance, tyranny, and violence.
Human Rights First is committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and promoting staff across all programs and departments from a diversity of backgrounds, including members of racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTI people, people with disabilities, people of all socioeconomic backgrounds, people of all nationalities, and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We believe that a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment that welcomes a range of perspectives help make our advocacy work stronger and more effective.
|Required Skills||•Strong shooting skills (including basic lighting, and use of Panasonic AF100P and Canon HDLSR camera);
•Proficiency in Final Cut Pro 10 and Adobe Production Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, OnLocation, Encore, Illustrator);
•Some knowledge of FCP Motion, Color, Sound, and Adobe Flash
|Optional Skills||BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
•Interest in the use of storytelling for advocacy purposes;
•Experience in communications, marketing, or research position;
•Detail oriented work habits and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
•Self-starter and self-directed learning abilities;
•Familiarity in Word Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
•Interest in human rights issues.
Option 1: Login and Apply
|Option 2: Create a New Profile|