Join Our Team
Why Möbius Partners?
At Möbius Partners, we know our most valuable asset is our people, so we hire only the best—and we call them Groovers.
What is a Groover?
Groovers have the Möbius Partners’ special sauce – the “IT” factor. Groovers share a sense of humor, a sense of urgency, and the ability to think outside the box and stay ahead of the curve.
As one of the fastest-growing IT solutions providers in Texas, we have created an award- winning culture that’s been recognized repeatedly as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Texas.
If you’re a Groover and you have the skills, the vision, and the creativity to contribute to our fast-paced environment while growing your career in unlimited ways, then we want to hear from you.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Windows Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
This is a temp-to-hire position with a great client in Austin, TX. Do you want an opportunity to get in with a fun company that allows you to be yourself and work with other brilliant people? The offices are personalized and funky! They have sodas and snacks galore to help fuel your brain power throughout the day.
The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will help manage the infrastructure for the corporate and game environments. The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for defining and establishing system administration functions for server infrastructure including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, deployment automation, high availability, patch management and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Manage DNS, DHCP, DFS and Active Directory services on Windows 2003 and 2008.
- Support a multi-site Exchange 2007/2010 environment.
- Support multiple groups by managing a distributed, fault tolerant infrastructure.
- Install and configure new software and hardware as required.
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies and procedures.
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Conduct disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions.
- Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery and user management.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange 2007
- Very strong understanding of Active Directory and GPO management in multiple forests
- Solid understanding of complex IP networks
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
- Experience with VMware Infrastructure and SAN storage is highly desired
- Knowledge of HP System Insight Manager, Altiris Deployment Solution, and SNMP is a plus
- 5+ years real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
- MSCE, MCTS, or MCITP certification
- BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.