- Job Title
- Compliance Analyst**
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Eden Prairie, MN
- Other Location
It's the new age of independence. And it's changing the way we live.
BE PART OF IT.
UNIVITA is dedicated to helping people live and age with independence. By providing a single place to find and manage resources which support independent living, UNIVITA makes it easier to access care and to age safely at home.
This is your opportunity to join an innovative company with a culture that promotes compassion, trust, and accountability.
JOB SUMMARY: The Compliance Analyst supports Univita by complying with state and federal requirements in accordance with client contract requirements, licensure and TPA law. Obligations and functions vary based on the regulatory or operational priorities. Works with multiple business units on coordination, identification, mitigation, and reporting of cross-functional compliance incidents and risks related to HIPAA compliance, anti-fraud activities, complaint handling, and state and federally regulated obligations for clients and Third Party Administration and licensure functions. This position is responsible for effective research and analysis, accurate reporting, and training the workforce on their respective compliance obligations.
- Compliance Analyst’s functions can be primarily Operational or primarily Regulatory, or a combination of both depending on varying business needs.
- Operations focus: coordinate and perform investigations, and prepare responses for: HIPAA privacy and data security incidents, regulatory and consumer complaints, suspected or alleged fraud, and other legislative compliance related obligations. Research regulations and legislation impacting TPA and contract obligations. Work closely with cross-functional leaders for to ensure appropriate resolution, accurate reporting and tracking within service level obligations.
- Regulatory focus: perform legal/regulatory or operations research, provide accurate analysis, document clear and concise effective responses and recommendations. Identify, analyze, and summarize newly enacted legislation and regulation impacting Univita’s clients as detailed in their Statements of Work. Support TPA licensure filings, renewals and regulatory reporting.
- Participates in joint trade activities on behalf of Univita.
- Presents training sessions to the workforce on regulatory required obligations affecting Third Party Administrators (TPA) functions such as new-hire HIPAA, Anti-Fraud, Complaint Handling.
- Maintains appropriate training attendance records and documentation for audit purposes.
- Participates as a compliance subject matter expert in client implementations if requested.
- Other compliance duties and research projects as assigned including triaging and time managing multiple competing priorities.
- AA degree in business administration, insurance/healthcare administration, or paralegal studies
- 5+ years insurance compliance experience in product filings and working with regulators to resolve complaints and support market conduct examinations
- 2+ years healthcare compliance a plus
- Experience with state and federal legal research, and effective analytical skills with quantitative, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience presenting to individuals and large groups
- Ability to independently prioritize and address multiple tasks, risks and deadlines
- Strong communication and time management/task prioritization skills
- Skilled using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and legal research tools
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Univita Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA) and participates in E-Verify. Univita Health will not discriminate in its employment and employment-related decisions against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, creed, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, membership or activity on a local commission, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.