Requirements Engineer - Systems/Product (ASPICE & CMMI)
- Job Title
- Requirements Engineer - Systems/Product (ASPICE & CMMI)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Requirements Engineer - Systems/Product (ASPICE & CMMI)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing internal product requirements based on external customer requirements, internal lessons learned and existing product designs. This role requires a technical thinker who is skilled at writing technical requirements and ensure they are well understood by the team.
Years of Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Requirements, Software Development, Configuration Management, or similar technical positions.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- Collect, analyze, classify, clarify and transform the customer requirements into an appropriate set of technical requirements useful for the system design and validation of the system (product).
- Analyze E/E, EMC and Environmental test specifications supporting system test specification creation.
- Maintain traceability between customer’s requirements and internal requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (internal and external) to produce written documentation of agreed upon solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in requirements development to the team to ensure product expectation and function is well understood.
- Document and support development of system architecture that can be presented to all stakeholders for clear understanding and traceability to the different disciplines in our products (ex. Software / Hardware / Mechanical / Motor)
- “Baseline” product variations during the iterative build and design process in order to track the product changes.
- Integrate a global configuration management strategy into the local organization.
- Monitor and control release and BOM strategy, especially as it relates to software and hardware items.
- Develop policies and procedures and assist team members in conformance.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Familiarity with automotive industry standards such as IATF 16949 or ISO 9001.
- Prior success in implementation of ASPICE, CMMI, or similar process standards within an organization.
- Able to work well in a cross functional team consisting of hardware, software, and mechanical engineers.
- Strong understanding of mechatronics and automotive embedded systems.
- Basic understanding of embedded software development practices.
- Working knowledge of vehicle bus systems (CAN, LIN) and familiarity with the tools used to test them(ex. CANoe)
- Experience with ALM tools such as PTC Integrity, Polarion, Doors (or equivalent).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Previous experience developing technical documentation.
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working with ambiguity.