Business Analyst (Financial Transactions/Banking/Payments/ACH) - Contract to Hire
- Job Title
- Business Analyst (Financial Transactions/Banking/Payments/ACH) - Contract to Hire
- Job ID
- Louisville, KY 40220
- Other Location
Title: Business Analyst (Financial Transactions/Banking/Payments/ACH)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Under general supervision, assists and supports Payment Operations compliance with best practices, and industry standards. Maintains production data for analysis and reports findings to various levels of leadership. Review proposed product, technical and systematic changes and provide an analysis of operational needs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with financial transactions in the context of a financial institution (debit and credits, DDA vs GL accounts, account balancing and reconciliation activities, etc.).
- Experience with settling transactions over ACH and/or card networks and comfortable working with ACH files.
- Experience with troubleshooting and researching settlement and reconciliation issues across financial institution accounts.
- Experience working directly with customers and external partners.
- Experience developing SQL queries and/or reports to support research and analysis efforts.
- Experience working with banking and/or credit union core systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work self-directed based on current customer and project priorities.
- Retrieve and analyze data and present reports to management for use in supporting operational and business objectives.
- Evaluates daily, weekly, monthly, etc. production data for trend analysis and recommends process improvements.
- Evaluates internal controls, communications, risk assessments, and maintenance of documentation of policies and procedures in order to adhere to company requirements.
- Monitors product and process changes and distributes necessary information to implement changes to various departments and internal policies.
- Develops and maintains an organized, methodical documentation system for communicating, implementing, and managing new and existing Payment Operations data.
- Performs compliance reviews of various applications.
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to support strategic initiatives.
- May assist management in preparing for examiner and auditor on-site visits.
- Serve as Payment Operations subject matter expert on various projects.
- Receive and work time-sensitive research requests from financial institutions and payment networks.
- Assist financial institutions in account balancing and reconciliation activities.
- Work with the Engineering team to document and report system issues for technical triage and resolution.
- Monitor daily settlement processing activities to ensure accurate and timely settlement of payments.
- Develop training and process documentation to support both Payments and our financial institutions.
- Train and mentor financial institutions and partners on account balancing and reconciliation activities.
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.