Accountant II (3+ years of experience) - Contract
- Job Title
- Accountant II (3+ years of experience) - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66214
- Other Location
Title: Accountant II (3+ years of experience)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Conexess group is looking to hire an Advanced Accountant to join our growing Corporate Accounting department. This position is expected to contribute to the daily operations of the corporate accounting team and will be an individual contributor for month-end close, audit support, balance sheet reconciliations, and implementing process improvements. A successful candidate will have strong accounting and financial statement acumen and should be self-motivated, agile and are a strong communicator.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Master's degree or CPA.
- Prepares standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, budgets) according to generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Performs financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects. Provides record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transactions.
- Performs general ledger coding.
- Assists other departments, vendors, and customers in resolving accounting issues by doing research, determining the best approach to resolution and communicating results.
- Applies company policies and procedures to assist other team members with daily questions and issues.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts.
- May provide work direction, technical assistance, and answer questions for less experienced accounting staff.
- Coordinates and assists in the annual budget process, including training and reporting.
- Reviews month-end allocation and prepaid expense entries.
- May assist in monthly forecasting processes.