Business Intelligence Administrator (Tableau - Alteryx)
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence Administrator (Tableau - Alteryx)
- Job ID
- Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
- Other Location
The Business Intelligence Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting team and support Tableau, Alteryx and open source visualization platforms. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the BI Applications such as Tableau and Alteryx in the shared environment that are setup on both Window and Linux platforms.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Intelligence Platforms (Tableau/Alteryx).
- Perform end-to-end migration of Tableau for heterogeneous OS’s (Windows to Linux)
- Responsible for server maintenance, upgrades, monitoring performance issues, coming up with strategies to best optimize resource consumptions.
- Configure/Optimize Servers settings. Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents.
- Performance tuning and Server management of tableau environment (clustering, load balancing).
- Perform and support in change management for software, hardware upgrades and patches.
- Build and monitor server usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements for BI Applications (custom admin views for Tableau using the repository, server usage Report for Alteryx)
- Proficient with SSO technologies like SAML/Kerberos/SSPI Authentication Setup for both Windows & Linux Environments.
- Proficient in Tableau command line utility.
- Leverage RestAPI for end user automation (user provisioning, custom notifications for end users)
- Good background for automated installs & upgrades for Tableau and Alteryx(eg: SilentInstallerScript for Tableau)
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes to run and configure containerized applications is a plus.
- Work with business teams for managing user and group permissions, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections.
- Manage and support migration of objects (reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development to production environments.
- Work with cross-functional technology teams for provisioning new VMs, prep VM access, firewall changes, security updates, bug fixes, monitoring and performance tuning (scaling, clustering, Load balancing).
- Provide guidance to business users on good practices to follow for the use of Tableau to improve performance or their dashboards, securing the content better and reduce load on Tableau cluster by having improved data extracts strategies.
- Document best practices for development and administration of the Tableau platform
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities.
- Create ODBC, OLE connections for SQL DB servers and Implement Firewall rules on Business Intelligence processing servers.
- Perform day-to-day administration of Tableau/ Alteryx, servers in Windows and Linux environments.
- Automate manual processes for end users (Access requests, Tableau Site Modifications).
- Linux or UNIX server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide off-hours and weekend support in an on-call rotation.
List 3-5 Required Skills:
- 5-8 year’s relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Technical knowledge and development experience of 5+ years with Tableau and other BI Platforms.
- Experience of Tableau clustered environment on Linux platform is a must have
- Alteryx Server implementations on Windows
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Deep knowledge of Tableau Server architecture.
- Good understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.