SAP BO Admin
- Job Title
- SAP BO Admin
- Job ID
- Austin, TX 78758
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding an Austin, Texas based client in their search for a SAP BO Administrator. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The Business Objects Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting team and support Business Objects Tools and analytic capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Business Objects shared environment and focus on migration of internal and external BO platforms from Windows to Linux environments.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Objects implementation in a shared environment.
- Work with other BO SME to migrate multiple BO environments from Windows to Linux platforms
- Go through POC and evaluate appropriate version compatibility for BO on Linux platform, present findings to the team and execute the BO migration from Windows to Linux efforts in 2021.
- Participate in and contribute to the implementation of best industry practices for Business Objects tool set.
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities for migration of BO from Windows to Linux platform.
- Conduct performance tuning and capacity management.
- Implement Server patch management where new patches and service packs needed to apply to fix bugs following Change Management process.
- Required to monitor BO services during windows servers’ maintenance activities.
- Configure/Optimize servers’ settings. Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents.
- Regular BO repository Maintenance like cleaning orphaned connection/universes/documents.
- Migration of reports/universes/users along with security settings from one DEV/QA stage to PROD Environment using Promotion Management tool following Change Management Process.
- Creating new project setup with security for new application.
- Design and implement security by creating of user groups, granting access to BOE applications to users and adding security restrictions (application level, folder level and object level) based on user profile and user groups.
- Configure Single Sign-on (SSO) with SAML authentication.
- Experience with Oracle, Teradata, DB2 and other enterprise-level databases.
- Troubleshooting report issues, system slowness and work with SAP Support in case any issue is not resolved internally.
- Work with cross-functional technology teams for provisioning new VMs, prep VM access, firewall changes, security updates, bug fixes, monitoring and performance tuning (scaling, clustering, Load balancing).
- Monitoring day-to-day BO services and scheduled jobs.
- Explore new BI technologies to expand the tools team supports.
- Work with the team and cross train on other BI tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- 5-8 year’s relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Technical knowledge and development experience of 5+ years with SAP Business Objects products; experience with Business Objects 4.2 preferred.
- SAP BOE implementations on Windows and Linux Servers is must have
- SAP BOE upgrades.
- SAP BOE security implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in Tableau Server is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Deep knowledge of SAP BOE 4.2 architecture.
- BI tools administration on Linux platform
- Good understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills